Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Help with Artists and Genre Library

Started by Fionad, July 21, 2017, 06:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fionad

After setting up etouch I generated my audio library. I needed to fix quite a few tags and some art so I deleted the records.* files and regenerated my library. I generated the artists and genres library without checking the clear button. After doing this several times before realizing what it was doing I now have duplicate files in both the artists and genres library. The last time I updated the library I checked the clear button but it did not remove the duplicates. Finally the question: Should I now delete the records files and regenerate audio library with the check boxes on for clearing the genres and artists library. I am thinking that I need to delete another file to clear this mess up.

berrywell

It sounds like you're having permission issues.
Couple of quick questions.. Are you running E-Touch as an Administrator (in admin mode) & have you installed it outside of the Program Files folder?

In the past I've deleted the record files and re-generated the library again from the E-Touch Conifg successfully, so you shouldn't have any problems doing that.

Fionad

Yes it is installed outside of program files but I only ran it in admin mode during my initial set up. I now have it defaulted to run as admin and that did the trick. Thanks a bunch.