Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Posting now playing to Facebook

Started by ecbrad, July 22, 2017, 06:23:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecbrad

Since Facebook retired their email service this option no longer works. Is there an alternative?

Cheers,
Brad

Mark Norville

HI Brad,

Only Barry will know that really, as it will fall down to programming.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

I just seen this

Facebook is retiring its email service and has begun notifying users that all email sent to their @facebook.com address will soon be forwarded to their primary email address on file. Facebook users can turn off the forwarding feature, which is on by default.24 Feb 2014

If you had a facebook email address before 2014, you might still be able to forward the email, but chances are you would not be able to post it to your facebook account.

I never used the feature, so I really cannot say any more than what I just saw there.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Gaucho

Hi Brad,

Facebook hasn't worked for ages pissing a lot of people off that use to post from their mobiles, you now have to use their app but not sure if this will integrate with etouch.

Barcrest

It was a bit of a bodge how i got it to work really, I have looked at trying to do it via other methods but I can not seem to find anything that works. I am hoping the twitter stuff I am looking at will help serve as a replacement.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

ecbrad

All of the "solutions" I've seen so far use third party apps or a website to do it. Here's a fairly neat solution:

https://adamboother.com/blog/automatically-posting-to-a-facebook-page-using-the-facebook-sdk-v5-for-php-facebook-api/

Brad

chaseruk

has anyone got this working...? I've tried it a few times now and can't seem to get it going.No doubt im doing something wrong lol....

Mark Norville

It is a dead feature now, so don't worry it is not just you.

Regards

Mark

Barcrest

Mark is correct, Facebook killed off the ability to post by email. I think they did it to stop 3rd party apps posting using it, originally it was for non smart phones but I think it is safe to say anyone using facebook has a smart phone now

Jukebox Stats...

chaseruk

ahh...thanks. i thought the method posted by ecbrad was a new work around.
no wonder it wouldn't work.

Barcrest

Quote from: ecbrad on July 24, 2017, 11:13:27 PM
All of the "solutions" I've seen so far use third party apps or a website to do it. Here's a fairly neat solution:

https://adamboother.com/blog/automatically-posting-to-a-facebook-page-using-the-facebook-sdk-v5-for-php-facebook-api/

Brad

If this could be rolled into a URL then we could post up text but I don't see how this would work for images.

Jukebox Stats...