News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Which version / skin should I go for please?

Started by simon26, August 19, 2017, 04:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

The cvr file is a file format, the same as txt, jpg etc. It needs a certain program to open it. It is called a file extension.

CVR is not a known file format, however you can open it with word pad.

I am not sure why you want to open the CVR file for though?

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

simon26

Thanks Mark, i didnt realise i could just lump the image in the main genres folder - thought i had to somehow put it into the little specific  file - got 60s set up now, image on the genre bar and properly tagged 1000 tracks, happy days (!)

One question, as i make changes im just hitting generate to put a whole new DB im over the top of the old one - is this ok or could i cause problems doing this?

Thanks
Simon

Mark Norville

Hi Simon,

I personally prefer to delete the old records and generate new ones, at times you can have problems, as you are only playing around to start with, I would suggest deleting records.cvr files etc when you are ready to start your database for real.

I am going on the tablet soon, as the light is not good at the moment, and my eyes keep ghosting the screen.

So my replies will be shorter, and I will probaly drop the regards Mark as it is a pain in the arse on the tablet to type as much, especially using one finger to type with lol

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

I always recommend using the generate feature to create a new DB, make sure you check the clear boxes next to build genre, artists and years under advanced mode so you don't get duplicate entries in those CVR files.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

simon26

Thanks, thats what im doing now. This all seems to be working a  treat now - slightly steep learning curve initially to be fair, but now i more or less know the basics i can see this is going to work just right for me.

Final question I think please - is there any way of me removing the artist and year buttons down the bottom left corner of the screen? I cant find them in the settings menu for buttons ?

I dont see the need for them for my purposes as everything set to genre now and have the search functionality so thats all i need. - If i hit artist or year it brings up those blank image buttons and the thought of arranging about a thousand artists and 50+ years doesnt appeal :)

thanks
Simon

simon26

Sorry one other thing, what happens if i put a compilation in thats got a track thats already on there please?  Just thinking about this going forward.

Thanks
Simon

Mark Norville

It will show up twice, one as album a and one as album b for example.

simon26

Ok thanks, maybe I'll just manually delete the one from the compilations folders so it doesn't double up when I encounter this.

Thanks
Simon

Mark Norville

If you do that, you will forever be doing it.

Giving an example, how are you going to manage a now thats what I call music album?

You will have 36 artist, and possibly 36 albums by those artists, with the song in. It would take up far too much time, for the hassle it is not worth it.

I have seen commercial jukeboxes with the same song repeated. Although some might be remixes.

You are over complicating things, and going to make too much work for yourself.

In fact to give you an even more example

2 Unlimited - Twilight Zone on a 2 unlimited album
2 Unlimited - Twilight Zone on a 2 unlimited best of album
2 Unlimited - Twilight Zone on a now thats what I call music album
2 Unlimited - Twilight Zone on a best of the 80's album
2 Unlimited - Twilight Zone on another 80's album

The list is endless

Regards

Mark

Barcrest

Disc space isn't a premium now so I don't bother removing duplicates.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

simon26

Ok all running great now thanks , only thing that's still a slight issue is what I asked above ? Have pasted below if anyone has any ideas please-

- is there any way of me removing the artist and year buttons down the bottom left corner of the screen? I cant find them in the settings menu for buttons ?

If I could even just disable them would be good. Basically as I haven't bothered putting art / text files in fur every artist and year (and I'm really not going to) when someone accidentally selects that it makes the genre art on left vanish for Those generic blank 'filler ' type buttons and I keep having to explain to family and friends to press genre to bring it back to something usable .
Thanks
Simon

berrywell

Quote from: simon26 on September 01, 2017, 07:59:50 PM

- is there any way of me removing the artist and year buttons down the bottom left corner of the screen? I cant find them in the settings menu for buttons ?

Download the attached .ini file.
Then in the Retro Singles folder you can either rename the genre_v2.ini file (to something like OLD_genre_v2.ini - if you wish to keep that) & then place the new file into the folder.
Or you just overwrite it with the downloaded genre_v2.ini file.
This then should remove the buttons to the bottom left and leave you with just the genres on the left hand side, plus the arrow buttons.

If you have any problems, just ask. :)

simon26

Hi

Thanks very much  for that, I'll download the file and try this week, much appreciated .

I've got another question now though , hopefully my last! (Sorry)

Is there any way of skipping tracks when on random play if something comes up we don't fancy , other than selecting a particular track of course ? I realise that when you select tracks it stops random play but wondered if there's any way of staying in random but skipping it along one atall ?

Thanks
Simon

ecbrad

IF you have Player Controls enabled (its on by default) then yes press the "forward" button and it will start playing the next track.

simon26

Hi All

Sorry its me again :)

All running great thanks to the help i got on here previously, but Im just still stuck on one thing.

Whatever I do in the random play settings I just cant seem to make it only select from the genre(s) I want when in random play, it just plays literally anything it wants. Im ideally trying to set it to just play 80's stuff in random. Does anyone have any ideas please?

thanks
Simon