Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Key shortcuts and remote control

Started by Thomo, October 02, 2017, 05:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomo

Just waiting for registration but while testing key shortcuts if u just select 9 to go to next song nothing happens but if u select 9  -[57] thats in the menu it works fine. If u open a text document and press keyboard 9 it shows up in the text document and skips to the next song all good. I have a Remote Master remote which I have used on three other software packages  but have tried several things without success. Mapped keyboard 9 and checked in text file all good but it does nothing in E - Touch. I gather that it has something to do with the -[57] but not sure. any help would be appreciated with this or any other remote that works with E - Touch

thanks thomo

Barcrest

The number after the 9 is the CHR number. You can ignore that,  so 9 -[57] should be just 9.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Thomo

I have tried both ways 9 will not work but  9 -[57] will from the keyboard but my remote will only send 9 as it just emulates a keyboard ? Any ideas what remotes will work ?

thanks thomo

Barcrest

Are you saying 9 on your keyboard works but your remote doesn't?

Jukebox Stats...

Thomo

If I use just 9 in E Touch shortcuts to go to next song and save settings nothing happens when I hit the 9 key on the keyboard. If I select 9 -[57] mapped to the next song and save settings and hit the keyboard 9 key it works fine and selects the next song

dceere thomo

Cary_B

I think I had issues like you were having before. Try this website. Hit the key your are having problems with in the test box. I think I found that some keys have different ascii numbers than you think.

https://www.cambiaresearch.com/articles/15/javascript-char-codes-key-codes

Thomo

Cary_B

Did you try that link I put in the last post?  9 on the keyboard is (57), but 9 on the number pad is (105)  They are two different keys to windows.  I screwed up on my test machine, and now can't get the options screen to open up, but I think it might correspond to lower case i.  I never got lower case letters to work right, maybe because they are mapped different.  Anyway, use that link if you can, and see what number it is sending (the CHAR code), not just what number you are typing in.  The number in () in the E-Touch program makes a difference from everything I have tested.

Mark Norville

If you cannot gain access to your admin setup, then follow this

1) Click on start menu (windows)
2) in the search box type CMD and press enter
3) Navigate to your etouch directory
4) Type in etouch10.exe /I

This will now restore your options.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Quote from: Mark Norville on October 05, 2017, 08:17:27 AM
If you cannot gain access to your admin setup, then follow this

1) Click on start menu (windows)
2) in the search box type CMD and press enter
3) Navigate to your etouch directory
4) Type in etouch10.exe /I

This will now restore your options.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mark

The loads e-touch with the default settings so if you do this you will need to set up everything again. It is a last resort method to gain access. I wired up a button inside the juke to send a key press to access the options on mine.

Jukebox Stats...

Thomo

Quote from: Cary_B on October 05, 2017, 08:09:46 AM
Did you try that link I put in the last post?  9 on the keyboard is (57), but 9 on the number pad is (105)  They are two different keys to windows.  I screwed up on my test machine, and now can't get the options screen to open up, but I think it might correspond to lower case i.  I never got lower case letters to work right, maybe because they are mapped different.  Anyway, use that link if you can, and see what number it is sending (the CHAR code), not just what number you are typing in.  The number in () in the E-Touch program makes a difference from everything I have tested.

Yea I tried that all keys and chr codes are correct with keyboard and remote control,
Everything works fine in 3 other jukebox programs Toulsoft, VMJ and Ultimate Jukebox
IT does not work in E touch
Does anyone use a remote control ????

jukejohn

I use key remaper program and make sure you use the capitol letters in key shortcuts in etouch settings
used this and it works spoton used it for years

Thomo

Quote from: thomo on October 04, 2017, 09:49:17 PM
If I use just 9 in E Touch shortcuts to go to next song and save settings nothing happens when I hit the 9 key on the keyboard. If I select 9 -[57] mapped to the next song and save settings and hit the keyboard 9 key it works fine and selects the next song

dceere thomo

If I setup etouch as in the top picture in post 6 NO the keyboard doesnt work