Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Commercial account

Started by kelso1, October 02, 2017, 11:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelso1

Hello all. I'm looking into a commercial account, but I would like to be able to demo those options before purchasing. Is there any timed full option availability? My intent is not to use this commercially, but have full control over what can be accessed on the screens. Maybe that is available in the home use, but the available demo doesn't allow much of anything.

Mark Norville

Sadly I do not think that there is a commercial demo, the commercial side allows for credits, so not much more to add as an extra demo.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

The demo aside from being an earlier version (Bugfixes) if full featured with the following limitations.

1/ It will time out after 30 minutes, but you can restart it.
2/ It will let your coins go into negative credits which the commercial version will not.

I recommend getting everything up and running with the demo first. The home version and commercial are identical with the exception that the commercial version will not allow you to go into negative credits.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kelso1

Ok. Demo is up and running. I have ran through the advanced tab to generate my library. It has all loaded properly, but hardly any album art shows up. In Windows Media Library I have all info and artwork. What's up?

Mark Norville

You need artwork in the folders, sadly it does read I'd tags for artwork.

If you have folder.jpg sometimes windows hides that file.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Windows media will have created folder.jpg files but they will be hidden. Ideally you want 2 images, a larger one say 400x400 and a smaller one about 150x150. Then set the file names in e-touch, default is cover.jpg and coversmall.jpg. The smaller ones are used for paging albums as they load quicker.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

In relation to folder.jpg being hidden by windows, I have found this but you need to know a bit of dos, although I am giving you the commands

Type CMD in search programs or files, this will load up a box, this is where you need to know DOS commands

Navigate to your music folder or hard drive

Then type the following

attrib -s -h Folder.jpg /s

This will then, show the hidden folder.jpg files

Hope this helps

Regards

Mark

Barcrest

Good shout, although those images are usually pretty lo-res.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

I was downloading from fanart..TV and calling an image folder.jpg but they would go missing. I only use stock images if I cannot find anything high Res.

kelso1

too low res! OK big problem, Mcaffe keeps shutting down etouch saying it includes a Trojan.

Mark Norville

It is a false positive mainly because the program was written in visual basic. Virus checkers and VB have always been a bit dodgy.

Barcrest

Quote from: Mark Norville on October 05, 2017, 02:52:17 PM
I was downloading from fanart..TV and calling an image folder.jpg but they would go missing. I only use stock images if I cannot find anything high Res.

Don't user folder.jpg, windows can overwrite those I believe. This is why I use cover.jpg and coversmall.jpg.

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Quote from: Mark Norville on October 06, 2017, 09:11:42 AM
It is a false positive mainly because the program was written in visual basic. Virus checkers and VB have always been a bit dodgy.

As Mark says if you downloaded it from here then there shouldn't be an issue.

Jukebox Stats...

kelso1

So here's what I did. I got all of the tagging info and at a minimum of 500x500 album art on every album and song. I used a program called tag and rename. It seems excellent as it automatically searches for all needed information. If you use it just be careful to look at your song titles and make sure they match the column of what the tag information has pulled up. If you don't, you will have tracks with the wrong name. Now etouch is completely loaded with album art and information. What issue I have found is that Etouch is very sluggish to change pages. From the design I was under the impression that it would be a smooth flow of one album to the next instead of the picture of multiple albums and you changing them one page at a time. Is that correct? Is that how the touch Genie skin is supposed to work? To elaborate, there is about 8 albums displayed on the "home" screen. I would think that you could swipe left or right to scroll through albums, but that doesn't seem to work. You have to select the next page button and they all change. Trouble is you can't really see the albums that were on the outer edges of that first page.

Barcrest

These things make paging faster;
Set E-touch to look for a filename rather than 1st image found.
Set a cover thumbnail at 150x150 called something else like coversmall.jpg and in E-touch set it to that.

Animations;
If you want the covers to scroll you have to use animations or try the candyman.cov file.
If you want to swipe to change the covers you need to turn on the swipe feature.

Jukebox Stats...