Started by Thomo, November 04, 2017, 08:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomo

as the title says etouch hangs at "loading Skin"
I have uninstalled, deleted directory and reinstalled but it still hangs
ESC key does nothing

ecbrad

What's your installation directory?
Have you tried starting it up with Admin rights?

Brad

Thomo

C:\etouch 10
exe set to run as admin
ESC key does nothing

ecbrad

What OS are you using? Still sounds like a permissions issue to me though. You have AV running or anything on it? I'm also assuming your using the default skin? What happens if you actually go the E-Touch Folder and delete/rename the default skin?

Brad

Barcrest

Do you have random play turned on, it is possible to set random play up in such a way that it cannot pick a song. Usually by using the do not repeat artist in x plays and do not repeat track in x plays if you have a small library. You could see if e-touch boots with the defaults using the /i flag.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Thomo

No AV nothing this is just used for jukebox
Random play seems to be hit and miss sometimes it starts sometimes not

Barcrest

Quote from: thomo on November 09, 2017, 11:23:24 PM
No AV nothing this is just used for jukebox
Random play seems to be hit and miss sometimes it starts sometimes not

Does the jukebox start up ok with the default options /i ?

Jukebox Stats...

Thomo

I didnt know  options /i  was available so I uninstalled deleted the directory and reinstalled everything

Barcrest

Quote from: Thomo on November 11, 2017, 08:40:12 PM
I didnt know  options /i  was available so I uninstalled deleted the directory and reinstalled everything

And it is now working?

Jukebox Stats...

Thomo

Yea all working again, Im still trying to learn more as I have time. I have jukeboxes in 12 commercial venues and still evaluating if it would be suitable for that.
I love it for home use and if I have problems or questions I search the forum first before posting so please bare with me, I have been doing Digital Jukeboxes for over 10 years so down the track I hope I can help others

Cheers  Thomo

Mark Norville

You would need a decent skin if you wanted this for commercial purposes (which you are supposed to have a commercial license for, just to give a heads up)

I would also suggest that this skin be as stripped down and minimal as possible, which in turn will speed things up for operation.

Also, most commercial jukeboxes have around 10,000 tracks, but the new ones will of course have the latest tracks on, so you would obviously need to be careful about music licenses, if you are not already.

The less tracks that you have, the better and more secure the jukebox will run. I would also think about directory structure and file tagging.

Less is more, as less means that you have less work to complete, it means that simple operation, gets the user on and off the jukebox as fast as possible, so the next customer can get on.

Also I would say as I have said before, get a standard basic skin, one which can be adapted within a day or so, that way you can cater for all occasions just by changing the graphics on a skin, so it is all uniform and users do not have to learn how to use a new jukebox, everytime that the skin changes.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Thomo

Thanks Mark, I was aware of the commercial version and pricing. I have the proper Music  licenses and I usually only run about 2000 songs at a time and when adding new songs remove ones that are not played very often according to the history. Its surprising how different venues vary in the type of music preferred. I will be testing it at home for quite awhile and if I am still happy take it further. I have updated jukebox software a couple of times over the years and its amazing how a new interface causes an upsurge in the usage figures. I have played with the skins a little and yes your'e right ease of use and simplicity is important.

Cheers Thomo

Mark Norville

If you are only running 2,000 I would look at each venue, get the basis of what each venue is playing, put them into a collection so it goes on every single jukebox. I would then increase on the 2,000 adding the latest charts, and I would operate at the 10,000 limit.

The software could handle this easy, plus it gives more choice, and a regular choice, if say for example, punter Mark, goes into bar A and puts in a £1 wanting to play Johnny Cash and you have it, then great. If punter Mark, goes into bar B, and wants Johnny Cash again, but not available, an unhappy Mark.

Of course, it would depend upon the venue, and also average age of the crowd, heavy metal in a 60's bar would not go down well, and 60's music would not go down well in a heavy metal bar.

However, you need to try and cut the work load down for you for each venue.

Right off to bed, so shall stop waffling.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Thomo