Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

freezing again loosing faith.

Started by Jayandviv, December 04, 2017, 06:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayandviv

I am really starting to lose faith in this software its just randomly freezing now. I have the latest update but I see no improvements. Its not my computer freezing its the software. i have spent months sorting my albums out to suite but still problems. is there anyone else have this issue......

Mark Norville

I am not using the latest version so I cannot advise you properly.

Firstly you are using windows 10, a very bad idea to be honest, I was a beta tester, and although great to start with, it had all sorts of problems, and I went back to windows 7.

I would advise if you can go back, and stop using 10 if practical for your life.

Secondly although you are frustrated, but not good to keep posting new threads, keep to one, as it is the same issue, we cannot keep up answering two or more threads on the same issue, and if a solution is found, it helps someone else find that solution in one thread rather than multiple.

What skin are you using? If it is touch genie then get rid of that pile of crap and that will help, I hate that skin, as I had issues in the past of it slowing down and being unusable.

I would also check your artwork, what is the file size of the images you are using?

How many albums have you got? What is your directory structure?

I saw Barry asked you to post an error log on another one of your posts earlier today, but so far you have not done this, just opened up a new thread, which as I have said before does not help.

I will leave it there, and let you answer some of the questions, and you have error.log txt file, delete that, and it will create a new one, then copy and paste that into one thread.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Jayandviv

Hi mark,

Thanks for your reply, as with all my computers I like to keep them up to date running the latest versions of windows to keep things safe and running smoothly. As with all software I would expect the latest versions and updates to be compatible. I have no intentions of downgrading to windows 7 even though it's a great system. To be fair I am just fed up of having to mess around with jpegs and sizes when the software should do this for me. I am supplying the correct information in my albums and even reduced my collection to suite, but still have problems. I had a party the other day and people were using the jukebox but it was slow and lagging and frezzing to be honest quite embarrassing. I have bent over backwards to try and get this to work. So I have found an alternative in zen. I installed it in 5 min and a album art was there and it felt snappy and fast and modern. I was going to be come a full member but feel very let down by the software and lack of clear instructions and guides. May be when a stable version for windows 10 available I will pop back but for now I will no longer be using it. It's been a challenge at every turn but fun. Thanks for your support. Jay

Jayandviv

Just to clarify what error log are you referring to windows error log or the software error logs? I know where windows error log is but not etouch. And what you mean by file structure? fat fat32 NTFS. I am an end user not a programmer if I sound abit thick. Lol.

Mark Norville

You are looking for the etouch error log, which is in your etouch directory. I will respond to the later, later as been an all nighter for me, so my brain is dead.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Jayandviv

Hi i have attached the error logs. see attachment.

Mark Norville

I just had a look at your error logs, and noticed this

'C:\ Jukebox 10\E-Touch Jukebox 10\now_adverts

You have a space between C:\ and J from what I can see, also you have put it in two directories, which to me is confusing.

You should be c:\jukebox rather than c:\ jukebox

Barry will of course know more regarding this, but that is what I see.

Regards

Mark

Gaucho

It also seems to have been installed within a folder instead of the root of C:

The destination during installation should be C:\E-Touch Jukebox 10\

It seems your path to the software is C:\ Jukebox 10\E-Touch Jukebox 10\

As Mark pointed out an extra space in front of the folder name as well.

jukejohn

I still use a cut down version of xp cant beat it fast and flawless

however as mark says win7 is spoton

but I don't and wouldn't use on a modern day pc I prefer the standalone setup

even my laptop is wins7  ;D

Barcrest

Looks like the issue is with showing adverts, it looks like the path is invalid.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...