Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Virus Detection on V10 Demo

Started by jimwilks, June 02, 2017, 12:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimwilks

I'm new to this product.  I just downloaded V10 demo and my AVAST antivirus went crazy telling me I had downloaded malware.  I had to diasable the antivirus in order to install this software.

Why is this happening?

Mark Norville

Unless something is wrong with the download file, then you are getting false information from your virus checker, sometimes virus checkers do not like visual basic apps.

We have all downloaded it, with no problems at all.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Must be a false positive assuming you downloaded it from here. If you downloaded it from somewhere else then re-download it from it here.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jimwilks

I agree it must be a false positive. 

I downloaded it from here with no problems since.

As a new user, my initial impression was to "get away from here" as fast as possible when I got the alarm.  The real questions is "How many other potential users have come and gone because of this?"

Mark Norville

Quote from: jimwilks on June 02, 2017, 01:13:33 PM
As a new user, my initial impression was to "get away from here" as fast as possible when I got the alarm.  The real questions is "How many other potential users have come and gone because of this?"

Sadly we will never know, as God's honest truth, I have been here around two years now, and you are the first person to have ever said about this.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

Hi Barry,

I just tried this, and fooking hell and am I fooking p1ssed off. I installed the shit, tried to download the file in chrome, it did start downloading, but then came up with virus warning.

I then tried on internet explorer, I managed to get it downloaded once, but again it came up with virus warning.

I then deinstalled avast, and logged out of my account, every time I was trying to log back in, as I was trying this as a guest, it kept saying Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again.

It would say that the site is not secure.

After two system restores, and a lot of screaming and shouting, I am back in now thank god, but still not 100% I don't think, I will need to run some more checks.

Avast has totally fooked up my system, so I would recommend trying this at home.

Almost knock off time for me, so shall be on the tablet, if I can log in on that, as it logged me out of the whole lot, I even had to resintall chrome a few times, just to see if avast changed any of my settings.

*** Just to add ***

When I did uninstall avast, it asked why I was uninstalling, and it did have the option of choosing too many false reports, so chances are they already know something is wrong.

Regards

Mark

Norman Marshall

Ive been a member for 8 years and only had one false positive using the free avg, and that AV is a proper bugger for false positives
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

kornely

I also just downloaded v10 demo, and McAfee reported Artemis Trojan on both non-mp3tagger.exe and Song Fact Build.exe... Are these requirements for eJukeBox? 

Mark Norville

If you have downloaded from here, it is a false result. The program was written in visual basic, and some of the extensions are dodgy in virus checkers. Have no fear, we are still here.

Just to add to your question, no you do not have to use these.

Non mp3 tagger is for music videos, but easier and better ways doing those.

Song fact builder is not a necessary thing either, at the moment it only works properly for multiple screens, so a waste of time for single screen.

Regards

Mark