Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Tagging music videos

Started by sparkie15, December 28, 2017, 11:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkie15

Can anyone tell me the best way to tag my music videos.  I would like them kept in a separate folder and not individual.  Ive tagged all of the videos and named the album "music videos" through mp3 tag also tagged them artist and song title.  The problem I have is the album name is showing one song cover and that cover is the same for all the individual songs. I want them to display individual images..
Hope someone understands.
Cheers

Mark Norville

Always best to do a search first, and especially check out the tutorial section

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=5613.0

A youtube video I did a while back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J54x6Zxpjc4

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sparkie15

Yeah Mark I saw you video and am already familiar with tagging individual MP4s.  The issue is when I want them in one individual folder named "music Videos"  the tag changes and only shows one image for the album and repeats is for all the individual videos as well.  It shows the correct covers in mp3 tag just not jukebox frontend.

Barcrest

You need to have them in folders for albums. I group them by artist. You can have one folder per video if you want it set up like the old sound leisure boxes.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

sparkie15

Does doing it that way not flood the selection screen with hundreds of folders.  My plan was to mainly be able to find them in the search option or click the music videos folder like an album.  Over 500 plus music videos would flood the main selection screen wouldn't it..

Mark Norville

I have things set up in chart weeks or will when I am finished

so I have week 01 2017

01 - ed sheeren

perfect (2017)

I have a folder for each song.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sparkie15

So if I understand you correctly every single music video has to be in its own folder and tagged accordingly then copied to you music folder.  That sounds mad and more complicated than just having them all in one folder individually tagged with all info and separate cover art surely the genre, year and artist tags could be read from that one folder as well as separate cover art.  I must be miles away with the way I'm setting things up and need to have a rethink.  Ive already got all my albums tagged and working fine.  Was looking at the simplest solution with vids without any clutter.
I'm no further forward but Thanks for the advice much appreciated..

Mark Norville

Let me experiment, give me a few minutes and I will get back to you

Mark Norville

OK I just set up a directory

James Arthur

- folder.jpg
- song 1.mp4
- song 1.mp4.tag
- song 2 etc
- song 3 etc

It would only see the first song, it would not see multiple videos.

I cannot find a way around it after the brief play that I had.

It is very easy though and takes seconds for music videos, you need files to folders.

Sorry if this is not the answer you are hoping for.

Regards

Mark

sparkie15

Thanks for trying Mark but decided to go your way and thought I was making progress.  The issue now is I seem to have multiples of the same song in the genre tab.  I have one folder named Black Box- Ride On Time.  in That folder I have the mp4 tagged with filename mp4 tag title and artist year and genre.  Also song cover tagged and song cover in same folder as mp4.  When I go to genre tag club there are 3 covers of the same song.  All play so for some reason its creating multiples..  Have you come across this before..
Cheers

sparkie15

I am beginning to think its when I generate the library again after adding more mp4s it keeps regenerating them and keeping the old library as well which is strange.  Any way to erase the library from etouch and do a new scan.
Mite not be the problem but looking that way..
Cheers

Mark Norville

I think what you have is that the database has screwed up somewhere and duplicated the same song.

I would delete the video files for the database and then generate it again to see if that clears it.

If you have as follows

folder
song
graphic
mp4.tag file
maybe nfo if you want to use on kodi as well

It will produce one song, rather than three.

It would only produce three songs, if you have three versions of it.

Regards

Mark

sparkie15

Cheers mate getting somewhere now.  I have to tick the clear button next to genre artist and year libraries every time I generate to stop multiples.  I'm using midnight blue 1920x1080 skin and the genre filters have no images is there not a specific image for each genre that can be added I was using the e-hub slider skin but its not the right size for my touchscreen but that had images for every genre.  How hard is it to add images for years and genres.
Shame the e-hub slider isnt available in 1920x1080..
Appreciate all you help

Mark Norville

The genre icons go in the folder genres

So for example you have the following

Pop Music.cvr

You will need

Pop Music.jpg

In that folder, now it will show as a genre.

You need to match the jpg name to the database name.

Regards

Mark

sparkie15

Cheers Mark all tagged just the years to do.  One last thing hopefully my videos are still being seen as audio files although they are tagged as mp4s.  Don't want to mess around to  much now to fix it as its all good apart from the audio and video filter..
Cheers