Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Db Beta 10.1.7

Started by Jukeman1946, February 08, 2018, 07:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukeman1946

When i was on the demo v10, when generating the DB there where about 40 albums without artist name, and after hitting update that get corrected. ( Demo ?)

But now on the last beta there are also about 40 albums without artist name ( on album page ), also after hitting update the DB.

Use albumartist is checked, album artist is tagged.

If this albums are various artists wouldn't that then be visible on the album page, or just on the tittle page ? ( witch is )

I have also put the various artist albums in an extra folder with that name, but also than no ( various artists)  name. Or can the DB the albumartist tag not read when this are mp4a tags ??.

Mark Norville

Firstly, can you please spread your typing out.

You have a enter or return key

So it looks a bit like this, I shall try and read your post again.

Annoyed at no spaces.

Sorry I still cannot make any sense of that, it is late in the UK, and trying to read things, without spacing, either first thing in the morning, or late at night, annoys me.

Firstly, or rather secondly, do not use the beta version, I think there are bugs in the system, as we found out in another thread, he was asking about mp4 tagging, we had an hour long message on here, I kept saying my guide worked, he then found out that the beta version is bugged.

A beta version of a program, often contains bugs, which is why it is beta, so if you do not know how to bug test, do not use a beta version. A stable build is better for newbies.

I am not on 10, so I cannot test like I used to, but no offence towards Barry, but he seems to write more bugs than code.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

It is probably not reading the album artist tag correctly. Have you tried it with that turned off?

Alternatively if it is only various artist albums it might be using the album tag doesn't work on those albums.

Can you try and re-tag one of those albums with tag & rename and copy the album artist tag to all tracks and see if that album is then fixed.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Jukeman1946

I will try to get more clarity about where the problem is (various artists and / or mp4a tags (from itunes?).

The albums without name (on the album page) are all m4a, I have overwritten the album and albumartist tag, but that makes no difference.
It looks like the album artist tag info goes to the composer field.

For now I have tried to update the DB so often that the Juke lingers on the skin, and does not start again.

Maybe it hangs on random play, but can't get to the screen to turn it of.

On w10 with adm. Rights, also on the uninstaller, this gives a whole list of deleted files, but everything is still there.

Reinstallation does not work, even after using a registry cleaner, the juke remains on the skin. (and does not respond anymore)

I have had to reinstall Windows and E-touch to get it working again. (the uninstaller does not work at all)

Joop

Barcrest

Quote from: Jukeman1946 on February 09, 2018, 09:02:50 PM
I will try to get more clarity about where the problem is (various artists and / or mp4a tags (from itunes?).

The albums without name (on the album page) are all m4a, I have overwritten the album and albumartist tag, but that makes no difference.
It looks like the album artist tag info goes to the composer field.

For now I have tried to update the DB so often that the Juke lingers on the skin, and does not start again.

Maybe it hangs on random play, but can't get to the screen to turn it of.

On w10 with adm. Rights, also on the uninstaller, this gives a whole list of deleted files, but everything is still there.

Reinstallation does not work, even after using a registry cleaner, the juke remains on the skin. (and does not respond anymore)

I have had to reinstall Windows and E-touch to get it working again. (the uninstaller does not work at all)

Joop

Do a search on E-touch in the registry and delete all the keys found. Alternatively run it with the /i switch to load up with defaults.

Jukebox Stats...

Jukeman1946

To report and clarify my experiences:

If you use the uninstaller he gives a whole list of deleted files, but the entire directory folders are still present.
If you use, for example, Revo uninstaller, they are gone.
I've already cleaned the registry manually three times before, and that worked.
But now etouch did not want to start again and stayed on the skin.
After Windows install it works again, (did not know the / i swith)

Have now unchecked albumartist, and then have two times album name on the album screen at compilation, s and various artists on the track screen (and I think that's fine).
The m4a albums now also give an artist name.

Some mp3 did not give an artist, but there was the album artist tag in Dutch ( Diverse Artiesten ), Me Bad  :-[

Joop

Barcrest

The uninstaller doesn't remove the registry information but the /i solves that. This is because the registry info isn't written at install time but on first load.

If you see an album appear twice check the config. In there you can see the list of albums and it shows the path, are they the same album (Same path) if so there is probably an inconsistency with the album name tag across the album. Use something like tag and rename to copy the album name tag across the whole album on one of the ones causing an issue and build the DB again to see if it is fixed. If they have different paths then you have a duplicate but this is obvious so I doubt it's that.

Jukebox Stats...

Jukeman1946

Sorry, but possibly I was not clear by my English writing, and therefore you misunderstood me.
I do not have duplicates, but double title, s and no artist name on the m4a albums, which were first without artists name (because I've unchecked album artist because it does not work properly I think).

I am satisfied with how it works for me now.

For information:
But I think that something is wrong, if I generate the DB then I see the info from the album artist tag in the composer field on the right side of config. pass by.

Regards, Joop

Mark Norville

Nothing is wrong with that, Barry made it that way for different file formats, such as flac and m4a.

It will use the composer as an artist field.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.