Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

blue neon - button swap ?

Started by chaseruk, February 19, 2018, 07:15:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaseruk

hey guys,been trying to swap the playlist button to chart button in the blue neon 1080 skin.

no matter what i try,it will not save. Is it possible to swap these buttons...or delete the playlist button and add a new chart button in its place ?

I've played around with the skintool a few years ago,but its still way over my head lol.

Any help greatly appreciated.

paul.

Mark Norville

Hi Paul,

Doing something like this is very easy to do, all what you need to do is find the button that you wish to replace, right click on it, and then select another button to load, make sure it is in the skin directory of the skin that you are trying to change.

Once you have done that, just click on save skin and it should work.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

chaseruk

Hi mark,thanks for the help.I managed to do as you said and the chart button now shows, but when pressed

it is still linked to the playlist screen and not the chart screen.

Any help on how to fix this ?

thanks again mate

paul.

Mark Norville

Hi Paul,

I think I have that skin somewhere, but I do not think that it is as easy as just changing a button, you would need to change the actual button that goes to the chart skin, as some placements are just for that page.

I shall see if I can find the skin and have a look.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

Yeah the actual buttons on screen are fixed for that page

so add to playlist is simply that, it cannot be chopped and changed, there is no way of adjusting this to click thru to something else.

The only way that you can get rid of it is either drag off the screen, or resize it to 0 x 0

Regards

Mark

chaseruk

cheers Mark. Really appreciate it. I think the blue neon skin really shows off the potential of this software.

paul.

chaseruk

ok,not too worried about the playlist button...never use it.

Would it be possible to add a chart button somewhere where it is not hidden, or accessed through a pop up menu ?

paul.

Mark Norville

Hi Paul,

No it has to be within the confines of the skin tool I am afraid to say. Sadly you cannot add extra items, unless they are meant to be there in the first place.

Regards

Mark

chaseruk

ok cheers mate, thanks for trying.

paul.

berrywell

Hi Chaseruk,

Download the below .ini attachments, then in the Blue_Neon folder, either rename the existing menu_v2.ini and menupopup_v2ini to something like menu_v2(OLD).ini and then place the downloaded attachments from below OR just simply copy and replace the existing files with the ones attached here.
This should swap the playlist and charts buttons around on the main menu and pop up menu.

Hopefully this will do what you're wanting.

Tel.

Mark Norville

Bloody part timer, tea break over is it?

berrywell

Quote from: Mark Norville on February 19, 2018, 01:04:41 PM
Bloody part timer, tea break over is it?

Good afternoon Mr Norville,  ;D
Have I inadvertently trod on some toes?? ?? ??  :D :D :D lmao
Actually, yes I am a part timer on these forums at the moment, sadly however, it's definitely not through personal choice.  :downer
But I do like to keep sticking my nose in here from time to time  ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D 8) 8) lol
and to quote Arnie, "I Will Be Back" :beer

Mark Norville

Good to have you back anyway, was getting lonely by myself, even gaucho seems to have gone quiet.

Coffee break for me, can't be arsed to sit at the computer nowadays, tried tagging one album today, and gave up. It really is shocking that people put albums onto torrents, and the tagging is shocking, that you have to do 100 tracks yourself.

chaseruk

hi Berrywell, absolutely spot on mate,works perfect.

so its all about the .ini's...

thanks again mate...you too Mark.

paul.

berrywell

Quote from: chaseruk on February 19, 2018, 02:51:08 PM
hi Berrywell, absolutely spot on mate,works perfect.

so its all about the .ini's...

thanks again mate...you too Mark.

paul.

No worries, that's what the help forums are here for  :)