Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

trojan detected in download

Started by driller66, February 21, 2018, 06:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

driller66

Hi all, newbie to this but ythought i'd have a look at the demo version and see if it's for me.
I downloaded the latest version 10.1.6 but avira is blocking the zip file due to a trojan detection.
Can anyone help me please?
Thanks
driller66

Barcrest

This is a false positive. Not sure why some av programs flag it up.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

It is because it is a visual basic program. When I dabbled with VB years and years ago, the same thing happened, and we are talking about 18 odd years ago now. I think it is because some parts of it are not 100% secure.

However, as Barry has said, it is a false positive, as I have been using the program for a couple of years now, along with everyone else, and we have never had a problem.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

driller66

Thanks for the replies.

I'm happy to accept that it's a false positive and would like to install it anyway. I tried turning off Avira real time protection but winzip still wouldn't let me unzip the downloaded file. It's saying access to this file is blocked. Anyone know how i can over-ride this? If I turn off firewall completely and re-download the file will that work? And will Avira flag up once installed everytime i run the programme?

Mark Norville

I would turn off before you download, I will give another example of developers saying to turn off anti virus software, and that is for hyperspin, a retro gaming front end, so it is not just this program.

You should be good to go as windows firewall does not do much in my experience, but then not every PC is the same, and not every user experience is the same.

If you downloaded the file, while the anti virus was running, it might not be the full zip file, so it might be corrupted, because of the false flag.

Delete that file and try again, install outside of c:\program files it is another bug that Windows or some software, never fixed, and installed and run as admin.

I am on my last beer for the night, but Barry will be here tomorrow, and so will some of us old gits, to help as much as we can.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.