News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

trying to install version 10 and keep getting invalid key running in demo mode!

Started by mebronx2000, March 13, 2018, 01:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mebronx2000

trying to install version 10 and keep getting invalid key running in demo mode! anyone know why and how to fix this?also i delete and reinstall and then it doesn't give me a chance to put in a username and password just says invalid key again! :downer

Mark Norville

You are not clearing your registry enough, if you were then you would not have this problem, you are missing a registry key from somewhere.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

mebronx2000

this was a new computer i got and i never tried to install on it before and the first time i did it gave me this error!can you tell me how to clean my registry i dont know what that means!thanks

Mark Norville

Ok, deleting the folder is not enough, every program puts files into windows registry, which remain there even after the program is uninstalled.

Windows has regedit built in, and you would need to find every instance of etouch and delete that from the registry.

If you are a novice computer user, then this might not be the best option for you, unless you can learn new things.

I cannot vouch for this webpage https://www.lifewire.com/free-registry-cleaners-2626176 or the cleaners, one of these programs might be better suited for you.

You need to find anything with etouch or touch and remove that from the registry.

Here is a list of videos on youtube that might help show you how to do it https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=windows+registry+cleaner

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Jukeman1946

If you search the registry, look very closely at the keys in the registry before deleting them. (they must refer to etouch)
Because when searching in the register on etouch, the keys of the touchpad and touchscreen are also found! , and have to stay there.

Regards, Joop

mebronx2000

i remove everything from the registry and uninstall everything and still the same!anything else i can try?thanks

Mark Norville

Sadly you are still not clearing the registry 100% the only thing that I can suggest that would be possibly easier for you is to format the PC. I would only advise this if you do not have a lot of other stuff on the PC.

You are still not finding all of the registry keys.

Regards

Mark

gueromemphis45

and this is the kind of support you get from etouch, mark with useless answers that  wont help, the gyus clearly states that this is a new computer so theres no reason to mess with the registry before installing etouch as theres no etouch info on the computer. Now, reinstalling the buggy v10 setup wont help at all, this guys need to aknoledge that v10 is buggy and has
#1 virus inside the setup ( yes my pc picks up the virus too as other topics allready state, ignoring it wont help fix it)
#2 online version wont work with all operating systems
#3 installer ask for keys on first install in demo mode.
#4 etouch has lag on some pcs.

And to help a bit, just install etouch again , download revo uninstaller and use it to uninstall etouch, revo uninstaller has and advance option that lets you delete registry entrys too, and it will help you choose them , just delete the ones with etouch word in it to be safe.  cheers.

Mark Norville

If he has installed etouch and came across an error, the program is already installed, so are the keys.

You really are stupid and to be honest, I hope that you get kicked and banned as instead of listening to people you are rude and agressive.

It does not matter if the computer is new, he now has to clean his registry and try again.

Common sense, but as you are too stupid and a JAFA you try to insult others.

berrywell

Quote from: mebronx2000 on March 13, 2018, 01:12:40 AM
trying to install version 10 and keep getting invalid key running in demo mode! anyone know why and how to fix this?also i delete and reinstall and then it doesn't give me a chance to put in a username and password just says invalid key again! :downer

Hi mebronx2000,

Are you trying to install the latest version of E-Touch v10.1.6? because you mention the demo version above in your opening post. This demo version is a bit buggy and most of those bugs are now sorted in the latest full release version.

As Mark has already said, now that it's installed, you will sadly need to clean out the E-Touch references in the Windows registry and start again. If this doesn't help, try sending Barry as private message, his username is Barcrest, as he is a one man band running this software, he may not reply immediately but he's usually very good at helping out sort problems.

berrywell

Quote from: gueromemphis45 on March 17, 2018, 02:10:52 AM
and this is the kind of support you get from etouch, mark with useless answers that  wont help, the gyus clearly states that this is a new computer so theres no reason to mess with the registry before installing etouch as theres no etouch info on the computer. Now, reinstalling the buggy v10 setup wont help at all, this guys need to aknoledge that v10 is buggy and has

As a happy user of E-Touch for several years, I can vouch for this software, the latest version of the software v10.1.6 is about near perfect as it's going to be.

Quote#1 virus inside the setup ( yes my pc picks up the virus too as other topics allready state, ignoring it wont help fix it)

This has been pointed out on many occasions as a False Positive, software like Norton, McAfee etc are a bit frivolous on these. I ended up dumping those software as a few years ago after I wrote a small piece of code  and as soon as I tried to run the compiler, Norton immediately claimed it was a virus and removed the bloody thing.

Quote#2 online version wont work with all operating systems

I use both Windows 7 & 10 and the online search works fine with both, however, I'm not saying others will be so lucky.

Quote#3 installer ask for keys on first install in demo mode.

Haven't used the demo version in years so can't comment.

Quote#4 etouch has lag on some pcs.

This is to be expected, the older the PC the more likely there is for it lag, try running Windows 10 on a decade old PC and it too will lag, You also have to remember, all Intel CPU's have been slowed down by Intel themselves after the security flaw they announced around the end of 2017. I know I've noticed a big lag on both my works i3 PC when running the accounting software and my own personal i5 PC when trying to make graphics for a new E-Touch skin.

QuoteAnd to help a bit, just install etouch again , download revo uninstaller and use it to uninstall etouch, revo uninstaller has and advance option that lets you delete registry entrys too, and it will help you choose them , just delete the ones with etouch word in it to be safe.  cheers.

So you've just basically confirmed what both Mark and John have advised him above, clean out the registry.

Mark Norville

He is just a troll Tel,

A rude and agressive troll, hopefully he gets kicked as we certainly do not need people like memphis around here, he has only posted a couple of times, and they have been rude and agressive.

He has no interest in purchasing just moaning and ignoring all of the more experienced users.

Regards

Mark

Mark Norville

Quote from: gueromemphis45 on March 17, 2018, 02:10:52 AM
and this is the kind of support you get from etouch, mark with useless answers that  wont help,

And to help a bit, just install etouch again , download revo uninstaller and use it to uninstall etouch, revo uninstaller has and advance option that lets you delete registry entrys too, and it will help you choose them , just delete the ones with etouch word in it to be safe.  cheers.

I will quote on how STUPID you really are.

Firstly, I gave him a link to read I cannot vouch for this webpage https://www.lifewire.com/free-registry-cleaners-2626176 or the cleaners, one of these programs might be better suited for you.

Secondly I gave him youtube videos to watch on how to clean a registry  https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=windows+registry+cleaner

You then call my advice as stupid, and you basically copy what I have told the guy already, which is to look at one of those registry cleaners as it might be easier for him, if he is a novice.

The person has ALREADY installed it, so the registry keys would have been installed already.

You really are a very STUPID TROLL to say the least.

I hope that Barry bans you from the forums, as you offer nothing here, apart from being a headache.