Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Innovative Jukebox Idea for Indie / Unsigned artists

Started by ZoeDuneCorp, April 08, 2018, 03:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoeDuneCorp

I realize I'm going to need to get into software development to make this possible. For the time being, I'm willing to run this jukebox software on a windows tablet that I can hand to people at a bar. I specifically curate independent music from unsigned artists with their knowledge that I'm doing that. This means of course, I just need their permission to play their music.

I want to make it, however, in such a way where the ETouch Jukebox software can function like the user and playback the tracks. The Jukebox software will promote and display the tracks I've selected to spotlight but when someone wants to listen to the track when the customer selects the track, the jukebox software pulls up the Bandcamp, SoundCloud, Spotify or whatever link is available to play the track after purchasing it. This would work especially well for Bandcamp where there is limited free listens before there is unlimited access to pay for the track. Payment would go straight to the artist right then and there.

Mark Norville

What you are suggesting is not possible, it is just a jukebox, it would not divert to another site etc to play the music.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

It is possible if the sites in question would allow it via their API.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...