Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Send Music to a Specific Folder

Started by Risim, April 10, 2018, 02:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Risim

Hey guys my daughters are coping musing to there devices and one says to me 'this is hard looking for each mp3 and transfering it to a folder and then coping it to  thier device'.  Can etouch do this on its own?  I know way back it had a 'burn to cd' button.  Can that button be use to send files to a folder?  Would be nice.. :beer

Mark Norville

There is the function to download to folder which will be skin dependant, as in if a skinner has removed that function. It will download to that the download folder and be available when someone next wants that track.

I am not sure if this is what you need or not?

You could also use a batch file, to move and copy things across, either that or set up network locations, as to where each persons files are, or indeed create different user accounts.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Risim

Yeah I just want them to scrool thru the jukebox and instead of pressing add to queue they will press a button to send file to a folder.  Then they will only have to copy the folder over insteadcof searching thru the db.

Mark Norville

Yeah that is already included, you can download the track, it will download into the etouch directory under downloads or something like that, then you can set up a batch file to copy everything across when you want to, but you have to trigger the batch file by yourself.

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Risim

I dont need it to download the track it already on my db.

Barcrest

Quote from: Risim on April 10, 2018, 11:21:44 PM
I dont need it to download the track it already on my db.

The download button, copies the track to the download folder in E-touch. That button should be visible on the play options screen if it is enabled. They will then be able to just copy that one folder to their device.

This was going to be used to enable users to download the track to their phone via bluetooth but I never added the bluetooth part.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...