Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Two screen setup; every other song...

Started by comicalman, April 23, 2018, 05:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comicalman

Hi all-
  Recently switched to a Two screen setup.  I am seeing an issue where every other song- on the second screen the 'Now playing' info is completely blank (no song title, artist or album art).

Any help or anyone see this before?

I am running Etouch 10, windows seven with the TouchGeniPattern_V09.beta skin

Here are my settings:
Full Screen Mode: ticked
Use Second Monitor: ticked
Now Playing on second screen: ticked
Second Video Monitor : 'All' ticked.
Second ID Monitor set to 'manual'. (I could not get 1 or 2 to work successfully, one time it would work, next time it wouldn't).
Manual Screen Resolution 'X: 1024x768 (matches monitor 1 resolution)

Mark Norville

First thing I would try is using another skin, second would be check to make sure you have that info for all songs as obviously nothing will show if it is not there.

I don't have a second monitor to test for you but try the basics first.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

comicalman

It's definitely not missing album art or artist info.  If I display the 'Now playing' on screen as well- it displays on screen 1 - just not screen 2 (exactly every other song played).

As far as changing skins- this is by far my favorite- can you recommend a skin with the same features to try?

comicalman

I have also now tried Retro_singles (from v10 skins).  I am still seeing the same results - just a frame for now playing - without album art \artist info.  Every other song.  Wondering if this is something I should be posting under bugs?

Mark Norville

Just out of interest what version of 10 are using? If it is 10.1.7 then yes it probably is a bug/

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Gaucho

I am running two screens without a problem. I think the only thing that shares the now playing screen is attract mode. Have you got this enabled?

comicalman

If you mean 'Now Playing on second screen'?    Yes, it is ticked.

@Mark Norville- I am running the most recent private release 10.1.6

Mark Norville

Un tick the attract mode and see what happens.

comicalman

I never have used attract mode before.  I just tried with Attract mode ticked.  Same results....

I am moving this thread up under the V10 release thread.

Gaucho

O.K. I have mine slightly different as I have now playing and attract on the first screen so that music videos don't get interrupted.

comicalman

I have given up - and decided to do the same!  8)

Barcrest

It sounds like a bug with crossfading which is why every other song shows the correct information. You could turn off crossfade if you are not using it.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...