Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

External TV-HDMI-2nd Screen Interference-problem

Started by Johnyfroes, May 07, 2018, 05:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnyfroes

Hi,
I have a problem that I think is not the ET software problem, but more a Windows 7 problem.
If I turn on the TV that I have the pc connected to so I can use it to view the music videos,
if it's turned on after ET touch is open & running, the moment the TV screen flicks on it will send like a pulse that makes my primary PC monitor flicker off & on, and then ETouch would get out of full screen & go to minimize in the top left corner of my main PC monitor. Also it wont show videos on the 2nd screen, 2nd screen will show extended desktop Windows logo. I have to exit E Touch & start E Touch again and everything continues normally. Also if I cycle between example hdmi 1 to TV and back to HDMI 1 the moment the tv screen open into HDMI 1, this issue will repeat itself.
Any suggestions?

Mark Norville

Firstly if you have another TV try your current setup with the other TV.

It might be a faulty TV on last legs

Second if you have other hdmi cables try those.

Thirdly check graphic card

Fourth check power supply might be on way out

FIfth check hard drive might be on way out if old

You might try the hdmi first save carrying tvs
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Gaucho

Think you need to have the TV on first for windows 7 to use it properly with etouch.

Johnyfroes

Thanks guys for your reactions, I was using for a long time SK jukebox with Win XP os, also a jukebox software called 3pm, also W XP and never did this, I tried another PC with SK jukebox with W7 and it will also send a pulse through the system, and now I realize if W7 is just desktop with no aplications, it will also send that pulse when TV turns on. Tried changing cables, and grphx card, but no solution. Will try another TV later on.

Sarge

Check this out. I had the same issue using a hdmi switch.

http://monitordetectkiller.com

Bought one and never looked back. I tried doing the pin 19 trick but it didn't work for me.