Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

playing online results

Started by vampman, July 08, 2018, 01:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vampman

Hi, hoping anyone could help me out, just added internet to my jukebox for the first time had it off line for years no real issues but i have a problem with the online search results that only play some track/videos, they get added to the queue but when its there turn to play they dont, the name of the track will show but the track times will show 0.00, when i skip to next track it might start to play or do the same and not play, it is always the same track/videos either play or dont play, if it plays it will always plays, if it does not play it never plays, i only get around 15% of online results that actually play,

Thanks

Mark Norville

What is the version number of etouch that you are using?
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

vampman

tried ver 10 and the ver 10 beta
Thanks

Mark Norville

The beta version has bugs still, so no point in using that.

The problem with the online version, is that youtube will always change how things are played on their network, which means that Barry needs to do an update every time that it changes. This pretty much would be a life time of updates and really is a novelty that really should never have been introduced into the system.

This is my view anyway, but I have youtube downloaders, and one program would work and download the videos, then youtube changed, and then it stopped downloading, and had to wait for the new update.

I would make sure that you are not still using the beta version, and never use a beta version of software unless you are into bug testing, as pretty much, that is all what betas are about.

This might be a time, that youtube has changed, as they have launched their new music streaming service.

So you might have to wait for a software update, or even knock it on the head. Youtube streaming will never be 100%

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

vampman

Hi, that would be ok but some play and some dont if it was a problem with you tube changing something then i would think none would play but its more like its fussy about which ones it want to play.
Thanks

Mark Norville

Personally I don't use this feature, but someone maybe on later, or Barry tomorrow at least. Sunday at the moment, so hardly anyone comes on.

You say it works on some music videos, are they old ones or new ones?

The new ones on vevo channels are the ones that they try and protect the most, whereas a music video from 1980 for example, might be on joe bloggs youtube channel.

Regrds

Mark

Barcrest

It only works in the latest beta and then only for some users i'm afraid it isn't something i have been able to fix at present. It doesn't return any search results at all for me.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

I assume you have youtube-dl.exe in your etouch folder.

sparkie15

I too have issues with this but it returns all searches but wont play anything it just hangs the whole time and needs a reboot.Using latest beta and youtube-dl.exe.  Shame cos this is a really good feature being able to find pretty much anything.

Barcrest

Quote from: sparkie15 on July 13, 2018, 03:45:47 PM
I too have issues with this but it returns all searches but wont play anything it just hangs the whole time and needs a reboot.Using latest beta and youtube-dl.exe.  Shame cos this is a really good feature being able to find pretty much anything.

Run it in a window and see what the youtube-dl.exe is doing. It probably isn't hanging but waiting for that to finish it's download.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...