Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

HELP, FIXING A TRACK LISTING

Started by tuffjam, July 12, 2018, 03:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuffjam

As you can see from one of the pictures when you choose the letter B it shows as no artist being number 1 and on adding them all in the queue to play i get an error as per the windows media player picture. If i choose to play it does nothing and i have to reboot the machine.

In another picture you will see the contents of B in the mp3 folder on the hard drive and they dont marry up with whats there in order when you choose letter B.

I can only play the artists in B if put them in the queue one by one.

All i need to know is how and where do i add any artist beginning with B even if its the same one as number 2 so that it shows up as the first artist in B, so i dont get that error message again when i put the contents of B in the queue to try play them?

And how and where do you ad new artists/mp3 albums so they show up wherever you put them? or if there's a youtube tutorial then do please send the link.

I bought a converted quiz machine with this software on it. I know a bit about computers but i guess like with any new software you've got to start at the bottom and work your way up!

regards, pete

Mark Norville

If you look at the bottom picture, error in your file naming, with windows media.

You would need to look at your tagging and file structure first.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Looks like you are running one of those jukeboxes off ebay with the unlicenced e-touch loaded on it. Not sure what version is on there. That first file showing ??????? seems to have corrupt tag. There is a guide on here for fixing up your mp3's and removing/fixing corrupt ones if you do a search.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Once the tag is fixed you would be best off rebuilding the library. Still not sure what version of my software that guy is selling on his conversions but it certainly isn't legit.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

I think he just brought the hardware as a one off sale, rather than someone dumping software onto machines. However, it would be worth having a strategy for people such as this, as obviously they do not have a license, but coming to the forums seeking help,

The main aim really is too encourage them to update the software via legal methods, rather than hanging onto old and buggy software.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Quote from: Mark Norville on October 07, 2018, 09:18:22 PM
I think he just brought the hardware as a one off sale, rather than someone dumping software onto machines. However, it would be worth having a strategy for people such as this, as obviously they do not have a license, but coming to the forums seeking help,

The main aim really is too encourage them to update the software via legal methods, rather than hanging onto old and buggy software.

Regards

Mark

There is someone on ebay selling converted jukebox with my software on using this set up. This is one of those machines. You can tell because it is set up with the album covers just set as letters with that flame text font.

I don't think the use on here is selling them I think he has brought one of them.

Ebay are terrible at taking down listings (Probably because they don't have many listings nowdays).

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

It might be worth creating a thread (sticky) with a disclaimer, rules and guidelines.

So you cover your back, while stating that the machine or software that the end user purchased, was not purchased in a legal manner, as in not from you.

No support will be given on software brought from third parties, however the forum is still open to them to problem solve.

Advice that due to other people being on version 9 or later, no backwards support can be given, as bug fixes have improved the later versions.

Just general stuff like this, and worth while updating your software (maybe at a very small discount)

Regards

Mark

jukejohn

good idea mark

I have seen this guys jukes not very professional uses tatty old arcade cabs
some even still using old crt touch screens
the a to z layout look awful must be at least version 7 he uses