Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

cant download demo

Started by darrenh0710, July 18, 2018, 02:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darrenh0710

Hi newbie here
I've tried several times to download e-touch with no luck, every time I try I manage to download the latest demo version 10 and I unzip it fine, when I try to install it (after unzipping) it looks like it wants to start then the file disappears completely, so I have tried to unzip again, same thing happens, I have also turned off my firewall.....and re-downloaded v10, and same thing happens every time :( , any ideas?

darrenh0710

also even if I right click and run as administrator it says insufficient resources exist to complete request...........

Mark Norville

Even though this should not matter

What operating system are you using

What is your PC build?

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

darrenh0710

Hi using windows 7 home edition
System is: all in one touchscreen pc, I3-3220 3.3GHZ 6G RAM

Mark Norville

You turned off your firewall, have you turned off your anti virus checkers?

I would turn those off, and then do the download again. Do not use the one you have downloaded as if a virus program saw it as a virus, it would have deleted part of it.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

darrenh0710

WOW Just did that and it seems to be working, just generating files now, but downloaded and installing ok I think.......thank you  :beer :beer

Mark Norville

Cool, I am here on and off as almost 5pm so I shall keep checking back.

Sadly with old programs such as this, you can get false positives. The same thing happens with hyperspin, an arcade front end.

Don't forget to turn them back on when you have finished installing. It should be ok after that.

Regards

Mark

darrenh0710

thanks Mark much appreciated......Generating audio is taken forever? is this normal.........I have a lot of music files though to be honest lol, thanks again Darren

Mark Norville

Hi Darren,

Yeah it can be slow, but this depends on how many you have. It is always better to try a handful to start with, as it is only a demo, but obviously you will want to see if it can handle your media.

Doing small chunks also helps, if you have any problem albums, which can happen from time to time, with a file name that is wrong, but usually it will just stick on that album, and not go any further. You can just shut the program down, and then remove the album and run an update.

Regards

Mark

darrenh0710

Thanks again, I have looked at a few different programs, free and paid for ones but the look of e-touch seems to be far better for what I want, so cant wait to give this a try then buy the full version and Im all set!!!...

Mark Norville

Hi Darren,

I am like that I have tried them all. I recommend this program 100%, if you want an real jukebox experience. I did not get on with the program when I first saw it, I loved the concept of it, but I could not get on with loading media back then.

I brought another program, but it was not really a proper jukebox, I came back to this a few times, and then around two years ago, I decided to take the plunge and just buy it.

I have been here ever since, and although I have been tempted by two other programs, but when I tried them, they were both lacking in what I wanted.

eTouch is very skinnable, I even managed to learn how to skin, so then you can create your perfect jukebox then.

Regards

Mark