Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Updating album names and artists

Started by johnny Williams, August 09, 2018, 09:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny Williams

Hi Guys,

I am updating all my music so that all the text is correct for all albums. I am in the middle of Now 1 to now 75. For example i have changed the album name of Now 70 from "now 70" to "Now This Is what i Call Music 70", My settings change when i click save on the edit album section, in e touch config. when i click update library its reverts back to the previous Now 70. is there  a tick box that does not override the change i made every time i click update library? Is there also a way to overwrite the original music file?

Thanks

johnny

Barcrest

Quote from: johnny Williams on August 09, 2018, 09:57:10 PM
Hi Guys,

I am updating all my music so that all the text is correct for all albums. I am in the middle of Now 1 to now 75. For example i have changed the album name of Now 70 from "now 70" to "Now This Is what i Call Music 70", My settings change when i click save on the edit album section, in e touch config. when i click update library its reverts back to the previous Now 70. is there  a tick box that does not override the change i made every time i click update library? Is there also a way to overwrite the original music file?

Thanks

johnny

You are better using something like Tag & Rename to change the album tag for the mp3's and regenerating the library. Tag and Rename will bulk tag for you and there is a 30 day free trial.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Personally I find from experience that updating the library after a change does not work 100%, unless Barry has done something special in version 10.

I was always deleting records and albums so clearing the database, and then regenerating the library. I found that to be the best and fastest solution for me.

I think that I have used tagged and rename in the past, but I am ripping albums at the moment, so I cannot fully check, but if it was the one, it was one of the best taggers as it would load up a lot of albums in one go and you could bulk tag, but this would only be good for certain stuff and not everything.

Doing one at a time, will give you better results in the long run, in case of mistakes.

Being honest you have a long way to go if you are trying to get 10,000 singles into albums, pretty much you can download albums for your music library from official sources of course, much faster than messing around going through the file systems.

If I had your problem, I would turn it into a singles jukebox as it would be a lot faster, or as I have just said downloading.

A good directory structure is the key to everything, although sometimes even having that needs to change when you find new programs. It is a lot easier when you purpose a computer to one specific task, or multi share on different computers for different programs, such as I use Kodi on my HTPC and the music I copy onto a hard drive in that computer, but my jukebox is seperate.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

johnny Williams

Thanks for the detail guys, I have most of my albums sorted and arranged but needed to make a few small name changes to some of the albums so that they matched and had the same structure. Its great that you can edit a album name and artist in E touch config but what would the point be in doing that If every time I click update my library it would revert back to the old name form the original. I would need to keep updating the music library from a different folder each time so it didn't read the old updated file.

I downloaded Tag and Rename and it worked a charm.

Have a good day.

Johnny