Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Touch Screen unresponsive after a number of hours

Started by leggsy, August 11, 2018, 02:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leggsy

Hi All,

I have my touchscreen jukebox running in the man cave... During the past few parties the screen has frozen after a number of hours.

The Jukebox is used by my guests so it's difficult to track the cause. The queue continues to play, simply the touchscreen doesn't work.

Closing the jukebox and launching it a fresh cures the issue...

The Jukebox is brilliant and everyone enjoys the experience, sorting this one tiny issue would make it perfect!  Any ideas?

Many Thanks.

Leggsy

jukejohn

could be so many things

touch panel faulty
touch controller faulty
touch drivers

or a confliction of some sort

need to know what windows os and make of touch screen

Mark Norville

It would help if you said

1) Operating system

2) Which version of etouch you are using

I can think of one possibleish solution, make sure that your screen does not go to sleep, set it for always on. You might have it set so that the display turns off after so long. The same with your hard drive.

You would need to change your power balance to always on.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

leggsy

Thanks guys,

A bit more info...

Device = HP Envy 23-d010ea 23" AiO Touch Desktop PC
OS = Windows 10
Jukebox = v10.0

Screensaver and sleep are OFF.

Regards

Leggsy

Mark Norville

Get rid of windows 10 for a start, useless operating system

Are you using version 10.0 or are you using 10.16?

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

leggsy

Quote from: Mark Norville on August 11, 2018, 06:55:03 PM

Are you using version 10.0 or are you using 10.16?

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

I'm using 10.0.0

Regards

Leggsy

Mark Norville

You could try updating to the latest version of etouch which is 10.1.6

However, I think that this could possibly be a windows problem, and only rolling back to a different version of windows will tell you that.

I done a search on your PC, and it did not come supplied with 10 so I assume that you installed after you brought the PC, if you did buy from new.

I have never had an issue with 7 and version 9 of the software freezing when I was having my jukebox on. I hardly use the thing now, but is there for when I want.

Are you just using the computer as a jukebox or are you doing other stuff on it?

Regards

Mark

leggsy

Hi Mark,

Yes, I updated it to Windows 10. I've not had any problems with this OS previously. We also have it running on a desktop and a couple of laptops.

I only use the touchscreen for the jukebox, so could drop the OS back to Windows 7... but with no guarantee that's the cause, it's too much effort to sort out what is a small issue.

I think I will give the etouch 10.1.6 a go though. Does the software "update" or is it best to remove the old, install the new and rebuild the library?

Many Thanks.

Leggsy.

Mark Norville

If you only use the PC for the jukebox, it would be more beneficial to put windows 7 on. I know that it would take a couple of hours, but if it solves the problem it will be well worth it.

Rumours on the 10 front, is that they are considering making you pay a subscription per month to use windows 10, however true that is, is another matter all together.

For upgrading, all what you need to do is run the install again from 10.1.6 I think you can just copy the etouch.exe across and any of the other exe files to upgrade it, so really you do not need a full install.

It is up to you, if you do keep windows 10, but a format would obviously be a last ditch attempt anyway.

Regards

Mark

leggsy

Cheers Mark,

Many Thanks for your suggestions and help.

Regards.

Leggsy

Barcrest

Due to the fact that the touch screen works again after restarting E-Touch i would say it's an issue with E-Touch. Upgrade tot he latest version. Either 10.1.6 stable or 10.1.7 beta and see if you still get the issue. I am running the beta without issues. If this is still happening then take a look at the E-touch error logs and post up anything from those on here for me to take a look at. When it freezes can you still press ESC to get into the options screen?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

leggsy

Quote from: Barcrest on August 13, 2018, 05:59:49 AM
Due to the fact that the touch screen works again after restarting E-Touch i would say it's an issue with E-Touch. Upgrade tot he latest version. Either 10.1.6 stable or 10.1.7 beta and see if you still get the issue. I am running the beta without issues. If this is still happening then take a look at the E-touch error logs and post up anything from those on here for me to take a look at. When it freezes can you still press ESC to get into the options screen?

Hi Barcrest,

I will be updating to 10.1.6 in the next week or two and see how it performs during the next party!  I will definitely report back either way.

Many Thanks.

Leggsy

Barcrest

Quote from: leggsy on August 14, 2018, 06:24:50 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on August 13, 2018, 05:59:49 AM

Hi Barcrest,

I will be updating to 10.1.6 in the next week or two and see how it performs during the next party!  I will definitely report back either way.

Many Thanks.

Leggsy

There are bug fixes included in the beta so you may want to try that. Hopefully 10.1.6 will fix the issues.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Personally I am going to say, that you want to test it before the party. The reason being just in case it becomes worse or better, having to do that every couple of hours is a bore.

Even if you use the current version, if it is a problem with the operating system, it gives you enough time to update.

Always good to be prepared, rather than having the worse happen on the night.

Regards

Mark

Johnyfroes

Good day, Jukebox Meisters. Strangely I had this issue with the 10.13 10.16 versions, also with 10.13, had issue with screen going black with a gears turning icon appearing on the screen, I think it's downloading symbol?? in e touch, had to go back to 10.0
which runs with no problem.