Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Cover Art

Started by just_buck, September 13, 2018, 03:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_buck

Okay, can't seem to figure this out...  No exactly a newbie here, but I can't get any cover art to work at all with V10.
I've blown away the small art to rule out file corruption.  No go.
Used both Generate Image Thumbnail and Copy & Rename First Cover Found, checked and unchecked.
Folder art is there and works on my older version just fine.   
I'm on a test machine so I can play with the skin tool get everything setup...  But I'm road blocked without cover art and at a loss as to what to try next...   (yes, I blow away the video files each time and run the config fresh each time...
Any ideas please???
May the Force Be with You

Mark Norville

Just to ask a stupid question, you are running as admin?

If you are not running as admin it can have problems finding cover art.

Also what version are you running on your test machine?

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

just_buck

Going to check out the admin thing right now and will report back....
Forgot about admin mode..... 

just_buck

Blew away the data files to make a fresh build.  Ran both Config and Etouch in admin mode...
No artwork....    Interesting enough when I ran in admin mode, it told me I had no databases to run config....
So I'm not exactly sure what to do.

Don't know if this is related to anything or not, but this is in the errorlog.txt
#2018-09-13 13:14:24#,"76","Path not found","Form1","Form_Load","E-Touch v10.1.8","Carolyn","CHRISTMAS"
#2018-09-13 13:16:51#,"35600","Index out of bounds","Form1","Form_Load","E-Touch v10.1.8","Carolyn","CHRISTMAS"

Mark Norville

The beta version does contain bugs, but I do not think that would extend to cover art.

I would suggest rolling back to a non beta version and trying again.

I am not sure if the news that 10.1.8 is now a full version is an update.

I will have to install onto my office PC at some point, so I can help further, at the moment my jukebox PC is in bits, so I cannot use that.

Just to double check you have installed outside of c:\program files into it's own directory?

If it is installed into program files, it will not operate correctly.

Such as c:\Jukebox

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

10.1.8 is the current full version and should work fine, there shouldn't be any cover art issues.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

just_buck

I'm back in the forums, thanks Barry!
I've not updated my jukebox in a long time....
Didn't realize that cover art was controlled in the options screen now.
Once I made that change everything came up.
Now to figure out making videos full screen by default in the skin tool. 
I did it in my prev versions, but this one is doing a boarder all the way around and seems to go by the resolution of the video, not just going full screen.....   Anyone have any tips, else I'll just continue plugging away at it.
Mark, thanks for your advice, sorry I didn't respond to you faster.
Barry, thanks again for getting me back!  :)

Mark Norville

In relation to the video size you have to alter the black screen in now playing. It needs to be at a certain length and width to go to full screen.

Anything below the required length and it will be as per normal.

However, if you want full screen video, it does take up a lot of real estate on your screen and limits the main control functions.

It is a compromise, and even on a 32 inch vertical it takes up a lot.

I think off the top of my head and please don't quote me on this, but it needs to be around 576 pixels in depth, I could be wrong on that as it is a while since I have skinned and currently do not have etouch set up anywhere.

Regards

Mark