Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

any vertical skins?

Started by mebronx2000, September 14, 2018, 06:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mebronx2000

looking for a vertical skin cant seem to find any

Mark Norville

Yes there are a few vertical skins available, they will be in the skins section for lifetime subscriber section.

However, just because they are vertical, it does not mean that they will be any good.

It is down to what resolution the skin is done for, I have a 32 inch vertical touch screen and skins designed for smaller resolutions are no good to me.

I shall try and find you some now.

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=6126.0 there might be some shown here

Here was what I was working on for mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deMZgFBDKF0

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

mebronx2000

i have a 32" also thanks     :beer

Mark Norville

The vertical skins will be of no use to you then, the resolutions will be too small. Yes they stretch out a bit, but to be honest, they look a tad off when stretched.

I am currently not skinning until I can get my jukebox build back up and running which will be some time as I have taken out my old storage drive to use on my home cinema.

I still have what I was working on, on my SSD but it was part way through completion on one skin. I am not sure how far I got on the other skin that I was working on.

I know Jukebox John also has a 32 inch, so I am not sure if Berrywell done a custom skin for him or not.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

jukejohn

ehub vertical worked fine on my 32 screen

jukejohn

Mark Norville

You need to go to spec savers lol

V-Hub does work, but the graphics are jagged and generally looks horrible due to not being made to the same resolution.

However, when you have it at a smaller resolution, it looks fantastic a massive difference between the two, the graphics are crisp and clean.

I tried it on a 32 inch and also a 19 inch monitor, and the 19 inch monitor was head and shoulders above the 32 inch.

I might give it another try actually as I just brought a 27 inch monitor but it is not touch screen, but with the monitor stand it will go into portrait mode just by moving the monitor.

Regards

Mark