Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Add a vinyl sound effect to your MP3's for FREE

Started by Mark Norville, August 07, 2018, 10:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

I have not played with this much as yet, I just downloaded it out of interest but it is an add on for audacity, so that you can add vinyl effects to your mp3's and best of all it is free, but requires a sign up to get a registration key.

You willl need

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/create-and-design/vinyl.html (The plug in)

https://www.audacityteam.org/ (Audio editing program)

You can select what decade the record is from, add what speed etc etc and preview and then output.

It would obviously take a lot of work to do a lot of MP3's but if you want that authentic sound, then a little hard work never killed anyone.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Alternatively you can download a sample of vinyl crackle and hiss and use E-touch moods which is what I have done in the past.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Sorted then, that is a hell of a lot easier lol

I might look at that, and hear what it sounds like, does it stop and start and carry on during the duration of the track, or does it only last so long?

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Quote from: Mark Norville on August 07, 2018, 11:52:33 AM
Sorted then, that is a hell of a lot easier lol

I might look at that, and hear what it sounds like, does it stop and start and carry on during the duration of the track, or does it only last so long?

Regards

Mark

It plays on loop, i have a really long sample about an hour long so you don't notice the loop. It doesn't stop start but if you have cross fade on it works well enough. Have a look and see what you thing. I also have a thunderstorm sample that is about an hour long and that is quite interesting as is the arcade background noise one...

Oh yeah i had bar ambient noise as well so it sounds like you are listening tot he jukebox in a busy bar when you are at home on your own. They are a bit of fun.

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

would be intrested to know how you go on with that mark

as i have been using the zytope addon in audacity and added the effect each track spent hours doing this

this would be cool and time saving  :beer

Mark Norville

Hi John,

The only problem that I have with Barry's way of doing things, is that I would not put music on for an hour or even 30 minutes. I might put one or two tracks on, and then get sidelined and then sat listening to white noise until it does my head in.

My playing with the isotrope yesterday was a bit of a negative experience to be honest. I did have an issue with one install saying that a dll file was not installed but it did work.

However, I shall try it on the office PC at some point, but at the moment, I am using this computer for live ripping, which if an album plays for an hour, it takes me an hour plus to rip that album, which is a pain.

This is down to my 80's and 90's chart ripping thread, but I know I am not going to get that far not in the three months left, as I can rip about five maybe a little bit more tracks.

I really wanted the sound of the needle going onto the record and then the hissing in the background that isotope does not do this 100% I can't even hear the crackles and I have that set to max.

I shall do more playing though

Regards

Mark

Barcrest

Doing it my way doesn't alter your mp3's in any way. If you run them through audacity are you not changing them permanently to sound worse?

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

I just found this on youtube if anyone wants it to try

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mVQN24c8nE

It is eight hours of crackling noise which you can download into a sound file.

Either that or you could add it to a track, and then just cut the sound to the track length using a back up of course.

Regards

Mark

Shall have a look at that winamp now

jukejohn

i do have a couple of sound files of mechanics of a juke box selecting and needle drop with crackle run in at beggining of record
which you could place in jingle folder and select it on active on every track so you hear track loading each time its played

would thought that would be ideal for 80s 90s tracks

i have used zytope on my 50s 60s 70s tracks as they would normaly sound that way after years of use

Mark Norville

That would be good for just a single track, or if you had for example a singles jukebox, but I think after a while, hearing the same sound for every track, might get a bit sickening in the end.

I tried installing that isotope on the office PC but that was an even worse install than on my HTPC as it will not even open.

I think if you had a jukebox that was set for an era, such as the 50's 60's etc it would all sound good, if you had that killer skin and an authentic looking jukebox.

But then sadly you are kind of stuck then to having one kind of format, as each skin really is dependent upon what you want to achieve.

A modern looking jukebox and having certain sounds would not work, however, having a sexy arse 60's soul number where you hear the needle and crackle and then these arms of mine, would be out of this World.

I saw an album today that is totally the other way, someone has converted it to 5.1 audio, so been trying to see if I can download that, and give it a listen.

I will try and find a simpler more easier way of doing it if I can, but the easiest that I could think of would be

Rip an album as all in one, sound effect for the start, and then crackle for the length of the album, and just splicing what you don't need. Just time really.

You can of course find such audio on youtube as people post their records online that is playing from vinyl, as I have had to rip a few tracks to make up some compliations.

Regards

Mark

jukejohn

well as im in my 50s the sound of a old style jukebox with the crackle i find very cool
plus im trying to rip my old vinyl collection when im in the mood that is

having said that i do not use a modern album based software for this i use one aimed at singles only so understand what you are saying its not for a modern themed jukebox only the old 45s type of software