Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Full Screen Questions

Started by jackblotto, December 17, 2018, 09:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackblotto

Ok, so building a jukebox for a friend and almost done. Having an issue figuring out what skin and etouch version to use. For the monitor I need a 1600 x 900 skin if possible.  The ones that work with v8 are just better for wat I want right now.  However there are some 1024 x 768 that may work as well.   Here are my main questions.

- With either v8 or v10 of etouch, if I set my monitor to the default resolution of 1650 x 1050 and use a 1600 x 900 OR 1024 x 768 skins AND tell etouch to use full screen in the Appearance menu and restart etouch, it doesn't use the full screen.  It uses a window the size of the skin.  If I go back into the menu and re-click (its still selected) full screen it works, until I restart etouch.  Tried looking at the video adapter settings and messing around with scaling and such, but no luck.  Any ideas?

- Is there a 1600 x 900 version of the v8 SxxLxxS skin (or maybe have it running in v10)? I like this older skin a lot, simple and solid. If I could solve the full-screen issue above, I could stop this thread here .......

Lastly, I really like the look of the default skins in Zenpoint and AlbumPlayer, but etouch just works better.  Anybody taken a crack at similar skin styles? Its a cosmetic thing to me, but I don't have the skills to make something that looks good. Maybe there is another skin repository somewhere?

Thanks

Mark Norville

Here is a list of some completed skins that you will be able to download as you are a lifetime sub, there is a zenpoint clone skin available

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=6126.0

Zenpoint is an ok system, but it is not really a jukebox software, unlike etouch is. Album player again is not really a jukebox, it is more a media player type software.

Make sure that you are running as admin, and make sure that you save settings before exiting etouch, so that it remains in full screen mode.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

jackblotto

Hi Mark, thanks for the pointer.  I went through most of those skins previously though and didn't find what I wanted, but I will give a couple another go. I don't see a zenpoint clone skin in there, which one are you referring to?

I know I save my changes when I make them but will double-check that setting too.

Yes, not trying to change to another "jukebox" , I just like some of their skins better.

Cheers, D

Barcrest

Try setting the screen resolution to that of the skin before launching e-touch.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...