Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

windows 10

Started by Norman Marshall, December 29, 2018, 03:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norman Marshall

Is anyone running this on windows 10??? only....My JB has recently retired itself so I'm have to rebuild just to discover I cant get updates for win 7 anymore. ...I would greatly appreciate any answers here....because I cant update the OS..I cant get onto websites because my browser is no longer supported. I've tried windows update but keep getting "problem occurred"  I can only assume that win 7 is no longer supported because MS are pushing win 10 on everyone which also means I cant get my second monitor to work. I haven't fiddled with PC,s for a few years so chances are its a very simple fix but I've forgotten what to do.. I've done the usual with device manager and hardware changes...updating the graphics driver....on my old JB I had onboard vga for main screen and pci express vga for second monitor and all worked great....now.....when this MB was in my PC that had 3 monitors attached to it everything worked fine...even when I re-installed windows it picked up the 3 monitors (same MB same GC) Just a different problem... ive even gone through the different resolution settings on the second monitor but will it hell kick into life....please help
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Mark Norville

Windows 7 is still supported until 2020 so you should be able to get updates, I still have updates and I am running windows 7 on 5 machines.

What you need to do is once you have installed windows 7 install google chrome, that will enable you to download service pack 1 and then that will give you the full update for windows 7.

It seems stupid, but it is the only way around doing that, you have to keep updating windows 7 for about 4 times before you get everything to get it running.

I certainly would not recommend 10 so hopefully you might now be able to get windows 7 back up and running.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Norman Marshall

Thanks mark, will give that a go.
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Norman Marshall

oh my effin god....2 days..2 effin days and all I had to do is put the date and time rite. it was chrome that pointed that out...finally receiving updates

Thanks Mark

Mark Norville

LoL ooops I am formatting this computer (home cinema) in 2019 so I will see if the date thing happens to me. I know that windows 7 installs an old version of IE, which is why I said about installing chrome, but to be honest I never checked the date, I assumed that it was based on the cmos so should have been current. However, I think that it allows you to adjust date and time.

Glad you got it sorted anyway. I never trust microgreed now for anything, even it's own emails get sent to my junk folder and I am using their hotmail account, they really are a disgusting company.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Norman Marshall

Your rite mark...system time is tallied with the cmos time...and if cmos isnt keepin time then its time for a new cmos battrie...I'm all up and running now just in time for new year..I had me vga cables the wrong way round but i got there in the end...SO...a big thanks to mark with chrome because it was chrome that told me my time was wrong and as soon as that was put rite i got everything back.. updates came fast and furious.

Thank you Mark
                                                      Glenn

Barcrest

There is a too WSUS or something like that for downloading updates if windows update goes screwy.

I would like to say that E-Touch does work on Windows 10 with the usual run as admin changes required for windows 7
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...