Author Topic: CROSSFADE - SHOULD IT / DID IT EVER WORK?  (Read 39 times)

Offline wwwombat

• Freebox Lifetime Supporter
  • Fu: +0/-0
CROSSFADE - SHOULD IT / DID IT EVER WORK?
« on: January 08, 2019, 02:06:55 AM »
CROSSFADE - SHOULD IT / DID IT EVER WORK?
I was messing around with this option (under QUEUE SETTINGS) and placing various values in the "REMAINING START" box. However the dropdown box next to it only has three options with "Jingle" in their name (I have NORMAL CROSSFADE FOR JINGLES selected).

I was assuming that this option would crossfade songs present on the queue as is available in most apps these days. Doesn't seem to work for audio; didn't really expect it to work for video.

I also removed my "newsong.txt" file from the TTS folder temporarily, in case this was affecting it but didn't seem to make any difference.

Does this / did this ever work or am I attempting to use this in an incorrect fashion?

Offline kevinlpowercom

• Freebox Lifetime Supporter
  • Fu: +1/-3
Re: CROSSFADE - SHOULD IT / DID IT EVER WORK?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 05:42:06 PM »
It used to work but it doesn't seem to in the new build.

Offline Mark Norville

• E-Touch V9 Supporter
  • Fu: +7/-3
  • Bug Hunter & Frustrated Skinner
Re: CROSSFADE - SHOULD IT / DID IT EVER WORK?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 06:19:22 PM »
I believe that cross fade was working on the version that I have, which is 9.024. I do not have my jukeboxes running at the moment to try things for you.

I would suggest to remove he limit queue and lime same artist in queue. Give that a try, as the program is not that smart, if it has too less a tracks, some functions have been known to mess up.

Barry often does not find the same bugs as we have found in the past, as usually he is on a full jukebox, where as when I was bug testing for version 9, I would find loads of bugs as I was mainly testing it on a small build before going larger.

I would also increase the number where you have 3 in the yellow box. When I use cross fade in Kodi, mine is set to at least 15 seconds, 3 seconds is far too short and really it is not cross fading, the silence at the end can be 3 seconds.

Regards

Mark
UK Based : Please allow up to eight hours for me to reply at times

Jukebox Stats : Albums : 2151 - Music Videos : 104 - Songs : 35,440 - Artists : 4,702 (Updating not completed)

Plan of action this Week : Ripping 1990's Charts (1990 Completed)