Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Track list not showing all tracks, Video not playing full screen

Started by Jimmy4871, March 11, 2019, 05:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy4871

Let me start by saying, I think you guys are great and I love the product.
But I have upgraded to ver 10 after years of happy use with ver 8 (mainly to appease windows 10 as I continuously strugged to get 8 to work with the new pc.
So I've been playing around with the setting and trying new skins as I'd like to run a vertical touchscreen JB.
The problem I'm having is the tracklist for each artist (I'm only running video and karaoke) is only showing as many songs as the skin defaults to i.e. I cannot scroll down to see the complete list of songs.
I've tried rebuilding the database
I've tried all the skins I can find
I have e-touch installed in it's own folder on "c" drive along with the media files
I have it set to run as admin
I've uninstalled and re installed
I've tried ver 9 (same problem)
I cannot for the life of me see where I'm going wrong?

I also have another issue with the 2nd monitor not playing in full screen at launch. Once loaded if I double click the clip it goes full screen but reverts on the next restart.
I've tried varying the screen resolution as well as playing with the settings in options but no luck.
Again I'm sure it's me (or at least my machine).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
JT

Barcrest

Turn off show now playing on second screen and that should then be full screen for videos and karaoke on that display.

This issue with the buttons not showing to page up and down the track list has been brought up before and is usually down to not being run as admin. I see you are using one of the BnB skins, can you try Using the default built in skin? I think this maybe a skin issue in this case.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Jimmy4871

I don't have "now playing on second screen" ticked and I've tried every skin I can find. The buttons appear to be there but they don't do anything. I've tried with the touch screen as well as a mouse.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers
JT

Mark Norville

How desperately do you want windows 10 on that machine? Is it your only PC?
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Jimmy4871

So.... I've tried a few other things.
I've changed the 2nd monitor from "manual" to #2. This fixed the monitor not showing full screen and has also allowed the up/down buttons to work most of the time on the track listing screen.
It now works like this;
Down button works every time.
Up button works once. If down is pressed again it won't go back up unless pressed repeatedly in quick succession.
Also I have noticed the back button acts the same as the up button unless I am using a skin that has the back button at the bottom of the screen.
This made me think it was possibly the touchscreen but the mouse behaves the same.

I hope someone else has had this (or similar) issues and can shed some light.

Cheers
JT

Barcrest

For the second screen you need to set in windows so the screens are side by side with 2 directly to the left of 1 and the tops aligned up.

If you use manual you need to input the resolution. Or you can try the auto monitor 2 setting.

Do you have anything showing in the error logs that might help us work out what is going on with the tracklisting.

NOTE: I have it working fine on a windows 8 tablet and a windows 10 desktop. My dev machine is windows 7

Jukebox Stats...

Jimmy4871

For the second screen you need to set in windows so the screens are side by side with 2 directly to the left of 1 and the tops aligned up.Is This correct? As windows want to put the 2nd monitor to the right of the 1st.
I am now using the auto monitor 2 setting and it is better but the song facts get cut off the bottom of the screen.

I bought the PC 2nd hand and it appears to have been a fresh install. I might try re-installing win10 and see if that makes a diference.

Altetrnatively I'll see if I can find a win 7 disc and give it a go as my laptop is running everything fine on 7.

Barcrest

Quote from: Jimmy4871 on March 13, 2019, 02:52:13 AM
For the second screen you need to set in windows so the screens are side by side with 2 directly to the left of 1 and the tops aligned up.Is This correct? As windows want to put the 2nd monitor to the right of the 1st.
I am now using the auto monitor 2 setting and it is better but the song facts get cut off the bottom of the screen.

I bought the PC 2nd hand and it appears to have been a fresh install. I might try re-installing win10 and see if that makes a diference.

Altetrnatively I'll see if I can find a win 7 disc and give it a go as my laptop is running everything fine on 7.

No i am an idiot, 2 needs to be to the right of 1. Sorry lack of sleep.

Jukebox Stats...