Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

"ALTERNATE TRACKS" SECTION DUPLICATES ORIGINAL SONG IF TRACK ARTIST HAS PERIODS

Started by wwwombat, January 08, 2019, 02:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwwombat

"ALTERNATE TRACKS" SECTION DUPLICATES ORIGINAL SONG IF TRACK ARTIST HAS PERIODS

When you bring up the track selection page (the bit where you ADD TO QUEUE, MAKE MINE FIRST etc.) then, IF (as near as I can figure out) the original artist's song you're selecting has a period (.) in their name, then the original song is REPEATED in the ALTERNATE TRACKS section.

i.e. R.E.M. : Drive, A.L.T. & The Lost Civilization : Tequila are two that you may have on your system to replicate this (assuming you name the artists with their periods intact)

More an annoyance but can take up one unneccesary space if there's quite a few alternate songs with the same title.

wwwombat

Additional possible variant on above I've just discovered.

I have only a single song by "Ashton, Gardner & Dyke" - "Resurrection Shuffle" on my jukebox.

Although it's the only song titled that on the jukebox, "Ashton, Gardner & Dyke" is repeated down in the "ALTERNATE TRACKS" area.

Now, I have to invesigtae further to see if the & is also coming into play here. I must have heaps of artists with & in their name though and don't remember seeing this before. I've just done a little quick check and I did recently build a karaoke database on my test jukebox and THERE IS an mp3/cdg pairing for "Resurrection Shuffle" there so maybe that's coming into play and is sorta valid therefore?

wwwombat

Nope... it's not the & that's the problem since I have hundreds of track artists that have a '&' in them that don't exhibit this behaviour.

It's the bloody COMMA (,)

So track artists that have either a period (.) or comma (.) will exhibit this undesirable behaviour in the ALTERNATE TRACKS area.