Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

License Key

Started by Orc, February 02, 2019, 04:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orc

Hi

Long....Long time no postie...

Still using software on my "Holiday Jukebox" which consists of an 8" Dell tablet linked to a Bose Bluetooth speaker, it has served me well over the years.

Now the problem, I have a new Win 10 computer, I went to install the latest version 10 and typo'd the key, so it's demo mode only.

I have uninstalled/re-installed, been through the registry and deleted about 30 entries all to no avail

Does anyone know EXACTLY where the key is installed?

If so it would be appreciated.

Toodily Pip

Orc

Mark Norville

The key is in multiple locations in regedit, you just need to find them all so do a search for etouch and touch.

The only other option is to format the PC so you have it clean. However, that of course might not be your best solution if you have other stuff on there.

A while back someone did recommend a program to use for registry searches, I cannot remember what it is called but when you install it notes where all the registry files are and then removes them for you.

I have cleansweep in my mind for some reason, but that might not be the program.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

You don't need to re-install windows. Just do a registry search for E-Touch to find the key and delete it.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Orc

There are over 440 registry entries........ :tommy

Anyway should anybody else want to know....

It's this one....

Registry Key                                                                                                      Name                                    Type                               Data

HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\E-Touch 7\User                                Key                                      REG_SZ                         License key Here

Cheers

Orc

Barcrest

HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\

It is the E-Touch sections under here, there are subsections for different versions.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...