Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Can't open in fullscreen

Started by rumackay, May 06, 2019, 10:19:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rumackay

The old PC died and I've just done a fresh install on a new one but I'm running into a few problems. Running V10.1.8 with BnB v10 (1024 x 768) skin. For the life of me I can't get it to start in full screen even with the options checked like my old install. When I open the options it's already checked but I need to uncheck and then recheck to get it to fullscreen.

I also can't get changes in skin tool to save. I've tried all options I can think of but I'm having no luck

I see an error log each time I open the program so I'm wondering if I'm missing something above my pay grade:

#2019-05-06 20:10:28#,"35600","Index out of bounds","Form1","Form_Load","E-Touch v10.1.8","Chris","DESKTOP-80HVSV4"

Mark Norville

What OS are you running?

Have you given windows enough time to install every single driver?

Have you installed every single file needed such as codecs and things such as that?

I reinstalled a PC a few days ago and I was updating for days and then finding that I needed microsoft old codecs and stuff to get things running.

The error code you have pasted are quite standard, and usually appears, however Barry will know 100% what it means, but a bank holiday today, so you might have to wait till tomorrow.

Have you installed outside of c:\program files and have you installed as admin? Have you given it admin privileges?

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

rumackay

Thanks for the input Mark.

Running windows 10 (don't like it but that's all I can use)
I hadn't updated the new pc so I plugged it into the web and updated
Not sure about codecs, not even sure what I should be looking for.
When I installed it it was in the (x86) program folder so I uninstalled it and put it under program files but everything is with/using admin privileges

Can now use skin tool correctly so that's a win

Fullscreen is still not working on running the program but I still have to go to appearance and uncheck then recheck the fullscreen option to get it to display properly

Cheers

Mark Norville

You need it away from C:\Program Files

This is why you are having issues, the program files directory is an official microsoft directory where everything has to be programmed correctly and given the right code to operate in that directory.

A lot of programs will not work properly in the program files directory so you need to install into C:\Jukebox or something similar.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

rumackay

Ok, done. Installed in C:

Still won't open in fullscreen. Under the shortcut properties it only has an option for "maximized" rather than fullscreen that I see on some how-to videos. I think this might be a windows 10 thing.

Mark Norville

Did you clean the registry out? You would have multiple etouch registry files now, which is not going to help.

Regards

Mark

Barcrest

Are you running it as administrator? Right click and properties then under the compatability tab set it to run as administrator. This needs to be done for all included exe files.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

rumackay

Tried all that but no luck.

But I found a workaround, of sorts. I can see it trying to open in fullscreen as the taskbar disappears but the jukebox is only opening in the size of the skin. So I changed the system resolution to match the skin and it "works".

I don't mind switching the system resolution back to optimal when I'm adding music and then back again. Would have been nice not to have to do it but then again I don't add new music more than a couple of times a month so it's bearable.

Cheers for taking the time to help  :beer

Barcrest

Quote from: rumackay on May 15, 2019, 09:39:07 AM
Tried all that but no luck.

But I found a workaround, of sorts. I can see it trying to open in fullscreen as the taskbar disappears but the jukebox is only opening in the size of the skin. So I changed the system resolution to match the skin and it "works".

I don't mind switching the system resolution back to optimal when I'm adding music and then back again. Would have been nice not to have to do it but then again I don't add new music more than a couple of times a month so it's bearable.

Cheers for taking the time to help  :beer

sounds like windows is preventing the app from changing the desktop resolution. Runnig it as admin usually solves this, but at least you have it working now.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

You know me than me boss, but I think that because he installed into C:\Program Files and then deinstalled and then reinstalled into a new directory, his registry settings might be conflicting now?

Barcrest

Quote from: Mark Norville on May 15, 2019, 01:06:08 PM
You know me than me boss, but I think that because he installed into C:\Program Files and then deinstalled and then reinstalled into a new directory, his registry settings might be conflicting now?

Registry settings are just tied to the app not where is installed. The only reason there can be issues installing into program files is the same as not running as admin. Windows made a change after XP that prevents saving to the folder you are running the exe in. It does something with virtual folders and it causes some issues.

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

I've always said XP was the best OS to run this on.
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen