Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

E touch configuration not building a full database

Started by phil91, July 04, 2019, 01:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil91

Barry
im not an expert on the tagging or the tag and rename software.  but i did download the trial program and read all the music files into it

there are a few artists showing nothing in the ARTIST column which im not sure if that is the trouble or not ??

i'd like to have the final configuration on the jukebox so that ALL (example) Guy Sebastians songs are under ONE folder despite the albums, rather than having 1 or 2 songs from album A and 1 from Album B and so forth.    So i was trying to setup the config like this   (Folder) Guy Sebastian   (Sub-Folder) Guy Sebastian , then in that sub folder ALL of his songs, so when i select the artist from the jukebox screen i can see all the songs i have loaded for that artist.

So the FILE NAME MASK on tag/rename is i guess where all this magic happens and wondering if you can tell me what i should enter in that upper left order (File name Mask) to make all the artists and their songs go to the configuration i'm needing.

The program i was using was called MUSICBEE which allowed me to rename Artists and their album names the same to try to achieve the config i was wanting, i'd used Musicbee for a bit and it must have worked to some degree as some of the older updates to my library appear to work, however if tag and rename is a better option if i can get some tips on the mask setup so i'm heading in the right direction and not making a bigger mess of this

I'm hoping the problem is just ME and that i need to learn and understand how to tag songs and new additions to my library better :-) 

Barcrest

In tag and rename,
Go into the folder where you want to fix so guy sebastian.
Then it will show the list of MP3's
Select all and then select the bulk tagging tool
Enter The artist so they all have the same artist name
Do the same for album name, so it has the same album name across all files. Something like greatest hits will work for you.

You need to do this with all the ones not tagged correctly.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...