Main Menu

Can we add another general section maybe at the bottom

Started by Mark Norville, August 08, 2019, 05:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Quote from: Kahl on January 24, 2020, 04:37:12 PM
Blokes - I wouldn't get to despondent

Probably more targeted

While waiting for a "Barry" to supply some info on another thread I have spent a bit of time over last couple of days looking at this version and some previous ones I found on the internet (Plus an early incarnation I found in my own computer which I had discarded as it didn't do music video.)

You are ahead of the game in some key areas particularly in the commercial space.

1. Second screen just works - goes straight to the second screen without issues and no setup (I am using one of the microsoft display adapters)
For people doing music video jukebox hire I imagine this would wonderful

It isn't to hard to set up and it is a once only deal. Once you have it set up then it will keep working.

2. It's connected - In conjunction with this it has customer feedback forms. They request a song - you put it on remotely - they put money in to play it
What business wouldn't like that. Better still connect it to the coin op counter, invoice the customer weekly, let them handle the cash. The fact that you don't need to go there very often (or at all if you can find an installer/repairer) means it is also highly scale-able.

You can use the youtube downloader, this pretty much gives customer access to everything.

3. Highly configurable - Not really an advantage over other software but you have all had a race to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. Drunk people want easy not flash(I speak from personal experience). Interface needs to be as simple as "by artist" and "by song" with search function by either and really big onscreen buttons.The customers don't care about the interface - they care about the outcome. They don't search for albums and probably only play a few select songs from each. The big advantage digital jukeboxes have is you can just remove songs you don't play - it's a bit harder if you set up albums and one song is popular you have to leave the album.

There is an included skintool, you can make your own.

4. Not subscription based.

It isn't you pay once and you are good to go.

My suggestion - tone down the skins (pretty is a fad / Function is forever), concentrate on secure remote interfacing.(Time saving for your commercial clients and through the feedback tool it will give satisfaction for their customers(they have been heard) hopefully driving return business to them and by extension to you)

At least set it up in your local areas to get enough money keep yourselves properly un-sober.
You should get some advantage out of a well made package.

Remote support can be achieved using Teamviewer which is how i always support locations.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...