Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

New problem

Started by Cary_B, September 15, 2019, 07:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cary_B

Yes, sorry.  I thought something was funny when I sent it.  It never gave me a confirmation.  Oh well, that's computers for you.

I kinda figured that out on the .png files.  Just looking for a quick way to add all the years on the YEAR selection screen.  Oh well, back to finding a good picture for every year.
The jump to letter thing is driving me nuts.  It seems to happen on some skins, and not others, so I assume that the bug you mentioned on the skintool saving has been around for a while. 

I tested out the BlueNeon1920x1080 skin, and the jump to letter works on it.  But itsn't near as nice looking skin as yours.  Though I do like the letters being on screen all the time, since you can keep typing and jump to a certain artist.  That's a nice feature, but again, your skin is so much more polished.

I turned on another feature that I never use, and noticed that if you have SHOW CONFIRMATION WHEN TRACK ADDED selected, the screen that pops up when you add a song works, but if you add a whole album, it just says    label 39  label 39, or if you have already selected a track to put into the que, it will show the last single track you added.

I'm working on figuring out the skintool, but it isn't very intuitive.  Looks like you need to know what is in each .ini file to really be good at it.  I've been able to move a few things around and am starting to be able to make a few minor changes if necessary.  But I doubt I will ever be good at it.  Have ZERO graphics skills, so I'm pretty much screwed at ever being good.

So to recap.  Remaining bugs:

Jump to Letter A and # on certain skins
Show confirmation not showing full albums
The up next album cover not showing on the second screen.
The Visualization bug not saving seems random.  This one may be fixed.  The last few days it hasn't showed up, so it might have been fixed when I installed the beta that I missed.

Sorry to keep bothering you guys, but I was hoping to get these last few cosmetic problems fixed before Barry shuts down.  I wish more people still collected albums, this is such a good piece of software.  Much better than anything else out there, including the shit they pass off as JukeBoxes in the Bars.

One last thing:  You don't have updated charts?  I can make them myself, but would love it if you have updated ones.  Which brings me to one last request.  Is it possible to squeeze in one more row of chart years for when you select the Year and the SELECT YEAR screen pops up?  Currently it show's the 50's through the 10's.  So the last year we will be able to select is 2019.  I'd even be happy if you dropped off the '50's and started at the '60's.  If it is too much of a hassle, don't sweat it.  I'ts cosmetic.  I can live with it. 

berrywell

I have investigated further into the Jump To Letter problem, I tried moving the buttons Letter A & Letter # around within the .ini file to match the same positions as Coffee's TouchGenie skin but this didn't make any difference, they still didn't work. I didn't realise till I checked that Coffee's Touch Genie skin is slider based and doesn't have jump to letters, so can't go by the ini included within his skin.

The Blue Neon skin & my own Red (or Blue) n Black HD skins all use the jump to letter displayed permanently on the album screen, these all work correctly.

As the two main skins bundled with E-Touch don't have the pop up Jump To Letter screen (slider & permanent letters on screen) I doubt anyone would have noticed this bug before. Anyway, it seems that the A & # (Number) buttons on the pop up Jump To Letter page don't work and would appear at this stage to be a bug in the main app.

Cary_B

Thanks, I thought I was going crazy with this bug. I guess I'll wait for Barry to chime in.

Barcrest

So are you saying it is a but loading up the skin images for those buttons? It can't be the actual code if some skins are working but not others. I will have a look.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

It could be down to the skin tool, you still had load of bugs in it, when I was trying to skin, you sorted out some of the bugs in version 10 skin tool.

I do not have anything hooked up, so I cannot test anything. If the skins were made with say version 9 skin tool, then it will explain any design flaws.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.