Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Malware warning

Started by Frank Machin, January 26, 2020, 12:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Machin

When i download the demo i get a malware warning from Avast.

whats that all about?

Mark Norville

Hi Frank,

It is a false virus report. This often happens when programs are written in visual basic. The download and program is 100% and free from malware, spyware and viruses.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Frank Machin

Mark Norville

No problems,

It is a shame that this happens, but there are quite a few programs that say to turn off virus checker before installation. Hyperspin (emulator frontend) is one of those.

I messed around with visual basic around 20 years ago now, and even back then it was always giving a false positive read. The worse thing was, microgreed made the programming language and their own virus checkers said that it was a virus checker.

Forward to 2020 and even microgreeds own emails sometimes end up in my junk folder. They cannot seem to get anything right.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.