Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Zytronic X-Y usb driver

Started by Frank Machin, March 23, 2020, 04:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Machin

hello fellas

I grabbed myself a spare ParagonPro quiz machine. I want to turn it into my jukebox

It has a Zytronic touchscreen installed in it. I plugged in my very old laptop running windows 7 64bit.

When i plug the monitor to the lappy using the USB lead from the monitor itself the gamepro image flashes up on the touch screen and then goes off to a black screen. then my desktop screen flashed up and it then goes to a black screen. The back of the touch screen screen has a small light which is red? should that be green?

I also have a12v adapter in, is that correct?

I get a message saying searching for Zytronic X-Y usb driver on my laptop. however, it cannot find it.

I did a search online and cannot find it either. Theree was a link on another thread on this forum but it goes to a site not to the drivers. I cannot find it on there either.

anyone able to help please?

cheers for any help.

Mark Norville

You have already posted the same message on another topic post. This is bad forum practise as it relates to spamming. You only need to post once, and if someone can help you they will.

Patience is a virtue

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

jukejohn

zytronic driver is not Windows 7 64bit compatible and will only work on 32bit xp

you have to download the driver from zytronic web

Frank Machin

Quote from: Mark Norville on March 23, 2020, 04:53:50 PM
You have already posted the same message on another topic post. This is bad forum practise as it relates to spamming. You only need to post once, and if someone can help you they will.

Patience is a virtue

Regards

Mark

I am sorry Mark. It will not happen again.

Frank Machin

Quote from: jukejohn on March 24, 2020, 11:44:26 AM
zytronic driver is not Windows 7 64bit compatible and will only work on 32bit xp

you have to download the driver from zytronic web

Hi Jukejohn

I am a techie noob and cannot see a driver on the zytronic website for w7 64bit. If you know its location could you point me to it please?

cheers again.

Mark Norville

Frank,

It looks like you cannot read English either.

John has said that you need WINDOWS XP and to download the 32 bit version for the driver.

There is NO 64 bit driver.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Frank Machin

Mark is the rudeness necessary?

I have apologised for the 2nd post.

As i said, im not very techie. Jesus, I misunderstood what he said.

jukejohn

Also, when you do a fresh xp install do not connect the touch screen

install software reboot then connect the touch screen and open app and set up

if you are struggling for the driver i do have it here

Frank Machin

Hi jukejohn

Thank you for your help and patience.

Are you suggesting that i format my laptop to wXP 32bit?

is it possible to roll back to wxp 32 from w7 64b?

If so how?

or would it be simpler to purchase a newer touchscreen for the box? one that is compaible with w7 64b?

jukejohn

Now you got me confused how you going to run a dedicated jukebox from a laptop using a touch screen that won't fit

you really need a separate pc with just average cpu and 1gb memory unless you intend to run videos on it

also is it the usb or serial connection for touch panel which version

might be better to pm me so you can email me direct

Mark Norville

What you have typed your laptop might not be supplying enough power to the monitor. I would suggest hooking it up to a PC if possible.

A black screen and red means that you are not getting enough power to the monitor.

A test using a desktop PC with proper power, making sure that your monitor also has sufficient power is your main thing to look at.

It is not a driver issue as the monitor should power on. You can worry about what operating system and driver later on.

Regards

Mark

Frank Machin

Thanks for the advice Mark.

I set the laptop to two displays and the laptop desktop image does come on the touchscreen but then goes off.

The red light on the back of the touchcsreen does seem odd. i would expect that to be green in most cases.

I am correct in using a 12v power adapter  to the touchscreen, am i not?

I have seen some refurbished Dell Pc's for £50 online. with the following specs..would they be able to play music and music videos from the jukebox app?

Multi-purpose, compact, cost-efficient computer, a good all around machine. Good for school studies, office, sage & accounting, internet, word processing, email management etc...
Good support for video and audio, plenty of USB ports for peripherals and storage addition.
Fully tested and upgraded to specification.
Intel "gigabit" ethernet on-board for reliable network and internet access.
Includes a genuine, fully installed, version of Windows XP.

- All drivers and security updates installed, ready to plug in and go.

- This is a base unit only listing (included 3-pin standard UK power lead)

Specifications
Operating System : Windows XP
Processor : Intel Dual Core
RAM : 4GB
Hard Drive : 160GB
Optical : DVD

Connectors
Back panel I/O
- Audio Line In
- Audio Line Out
- x6 USB 2.0
- Ethernet
- VGA (Monitor)
- Parallel Port
- Serial Port (COM)

Front panel I/O
- x2 USB 2.0
- Microphone line in
- Audio (headphone) line out

Features

Processor: Intel Pentium
    RAM: 4GB
    Graphics: Intel HD
    SSD/HDD: HDD
    Total Storage: 65-256GB

Mark Norville

Hi Frank,

I shall edit this as I go along, firstly sorry for being less patient than I normally am. I have a lot of noise pollution and upheaval going on which is testing my patience. I should however, not take it out on you.

I should shoot John or Tel instead.

I would not advise buying any computer as yet until you can confirm what is happening with the monitor.

Your laptop sounds too under powered to keep the dual monitor up.

Do you have another display to attach to?

It could also be a power supply issue to the monitor.

A lot could potentially be wrong, you do not want to spend money on other things until you have the basics sorted.

Regards

Mark

It would be like me buying a new Ferrari because the tyres are flat and I never checked the air pressure first.

Frank Machin

No apology necessary mate..thankyou anyway.
Now the good news my mate has given me an xp dell he had knocking around.
Im just messing with it now.
JJ will hopefully give ne the necessary drivers and install advice.
The red light is now green. When all plugged in.

Mark Norville

It was a power or graphic issue with your laptop then.

Hopefully the screen powers on by itself, if it does not then it should not be a driver issue, as it will and should power on itself as a generic monitor.

Drivers are just to get the touch capability.

Make sure that on the computer that you have internet, allow the PC to fully boot up, and let it sit for five minutes is more than enough.

It only takes about a minute for any drivers to download that is needed, but without drivers it should power on the monitor.

If it does not, it might be a fully faulty monitor and you have brought a dodgy product.

The only time that the monitor would be going green but no image would be graphics card issue or no graphics card either onboard or as detached device.

The green light is good though as that means enough power.

Regards

Mark