Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Question Regarding Controls in Skins

Started by Mo Ralston, March 04, 2021, 08:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mo Ralston

Hello, I have a question that I think I already know the answer too.

I assume that the controls in the skins are hard coded and cannot be moved to different screens.

Example: I run my E-Touch in a CD100 Jukebox and I have many people over on a regular basis. I have removed the volume and cancel songs controls from the screens by hiding them so that people cannot mess with them. It would be great if there was a way that I could add the volume and cancel songs controls to the options page since this is password (pin) protected and only I can access it. This would allow me to adjust the volume or cancel songs from the touch screen without having to open up the jukebox to get at the keyboard.

Is this possible?
Thank you for your time.

Cary_B

You can leave the controls for volume and skip visible, but password protect just them. That's what I do. If someone tries to use them, they get asked for a password. Select PIN (Player) on the security screen.

Mo Ralston

I did not know we can do that.

Thank you so much, that is helpful!

Mark Norville

When I was skinning, I would remove the volume and other such items out of the skin. I did not need or want them there in the first place, as everything went through the amp anyway.

If you have something on screen that brings up your pin then I think that it will lock the jukebox, until you enter the pin and go into the menu and then exit out.

If people press that by accident, then you have to keep going to the jukebox to go back to the menu.

It would be better just to set up the jukebox as you want it and then leave it that way, you can buy small keyboards that you can hide

Here is what I mean https://www.amazon.com/Backlit-Wireless-Keyboard-Touchpad-QWERTY/dp/B08LGL7RFC/ref=sr_1_28_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=wireless+keypad&qid=1614944109&sr=8-28-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzNlhKTFM2TzJOUlpUJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDgxODkwMlFEQkQzNkFINzhVWSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTUyODk3MTE0Uk5UV0owR1hWRyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX210ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Hopefully Tel (Berrywell) can give more advice as he has been skinning more recently than myself, I have not touched the skinning tool or the jukebox for the past couple of years.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mo Ralston

Thank you Mark, I appreciate your advice.

Cary_B

Locking up the jukebox is completely wrong information. If you hit the button by accident or don't have the password, just hit enter and it will go away. Try this out yourself. It works great for me. I can use the skip buttons if I want, but anyone without the password can't.

Mark Norville

If he has guests and they hit something that they are not meant to, then they would not know to hit the enter key.

So until he got to the jukebox, then it would be technically locked out, meaning that other people cannot access the main screen to put music on.

So not really wrong information, but handy for him to know about hitting enter will take him back.

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Cary_B

Actually if you want to get technical, you can touch anywhere on the screen other than the number buttons and the password screen will go away. I was just giving the answer that I figured most people would try if the password screen came up and they didn't know the password. So technically the screen can't be locked out unless you bring up the password screen then never hit anywhere else on the screen waiting for it to go away. I'll try and explain things better in 5e future. Sorry.

Mo Ralston

Thank you guys, this is good information. You pointed me in the right direction which is helpful. I will do some experimenting so I can get a better understanding of how it is operating.

Have a great weekend, both of you!

Regards,
Mo

Barcrest

Quote from: Cary_B on March 05, 2021, 07:13:57 PM
Actually if you want to get technical, you can touch anywhere on the screen other than the number buttons and the password screen will go away. I was just giving the answer that I figured most people would try if the password screen came up and they didn't know the password. So technically the screen can't be locked out unless you bring up the password screen then never hit anywhere else on the screen waiting for it to go away. I'll try and explain things better in 5e future. Sorry.

Carry is spot on with this. If the password box comes up touch anywhere off it and it goes away. Enter the wrong pin it goes away. This is what people do with this screen in my experience. I have never had a situation where they have left the pin screen on. Either way it should also go away once swapping to attract mode or whatever you have set for that.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...