Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Cdg file error when trying to play karaoke songs

Started by DUBious, August 25, 2020, 07:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUBious

Anyone able to help with this please ? I've tagged MP3's with mp3tag and they all show up as well as cover art, but when I try and play one, I get this message, is it a settings thing or tagging thing that's causing the issue ?
Tks
I had taken a picture, but unable to upload that and as I'm at the point of throwing the fecking puter out the window, typing will have to suffice.
The file you are attempting to play has an extension .cdg (No shit Sherlock) that does not match the file format. Playing the file may result in unexpected behaviour.
If I select yes, nothing happens, if I select no, well of course nothing happens, go figure.
Any help much appreciate

DUBious

I'm beginning to feel like this is the worst £55 ever spent, I honestly expected some form of set up documentation with the full release, and not have to be reliant on figuring all this shit out myself or waiting hours for a response on a forum.

Following 2 hours of reading other forums (Could find no answers on here) I did manage to figure out that the karaoke install was pointing to the wrong media player, so after correcting that, I can now get it to start the song and show the lyrics. Alas, no music gets played....... again, any ideas anyone ? (I have checked all tagging in both mp3 and cdg files and it matches so I see no issues there. Wmp is handling the lyrics, so no issues there, what else can it be that it's reading the cdg but not mp3 ? Do they need to be connected in some way ? (following advise in another post that it took me over an hour to find, I did create the file structure as suggested (Karaoke/ artist / album)

I am finding this so damn frustrating and beginning to wish I'd just gone for one with less options but works OOTB

Mark Norville

Firstly, we all have lives and we are not here 24 hours of the day 7 days of the week.

Secondly, we all have a disease called covid-19 which has put a lot of people's lives on hold and more important things.

Thirdly, spamming every two seconds will not get help any faster, please have patience and wait for help.

You need to download and install something for karaoke, I will edit this post once I find out what it is.

I am helping you at 05:25 am UK time, so that is pretty good hey?

Hopefully you have done the following

1) Ran the install as admin
2) Installed the program outside of c:\program files, you need to install it into c:\jukebox or similar
3) Look inside of the etouch directory you will see a file called karaoke-2.3 zip folder, unzip that
4) Run that set up as admin once more outside of c:\program files
5) I think that you need to have your karaoke properly tagged
6) Point to the directory that you have your karaoke in and when you run config 10 run that as admin.

As it is 05:30 am and you have made other posts, and as I am on my office PC, so I had to install etouch on to here, to HELP YOU!!

I have no karaoke files to hand to try it out, but if you have not done the above, then it will not work.

I will have a look at your other posts, and try and help you on there.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

Oh typical, he moans about how long it takes to get a reply to his question, and yet I answered him almost twelve hours ago now.

Guess what no reply.

I am moaning like hell now, unless you have a letter from God, you taking almost twelve hours is not on.

Do you see where I am coming from judging by your post, and then another post shortly after, and then three more posts on the same issue?

It is called forum netiquette, we are always here to help people out.

Regards

FUMING!!!!! 12 hours near enough and no reply

EXTRA FUMING!!!!! 24 hours and counting and no reply

EXTRA EXTRA FUMING!!!!! 48 hours and counting and no reply

EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA FUMING!!!!! 72 hours and counting and no reply

Mark

Edit

I will also add, that I would not use Etouch for karaoke anyway, if you know anything about karaoke, people sing at different pitches, different speeds. The last time I done karaoke was in 90 I sang careless whisper and that was a professional karaoke set up, I could not sing to it, the pitch, the speed was all wrong for my voice.

I downloaded pro karaoke software years ago, I might still have somewhere, it allows you to have users, set their pitches and song lists up, the full works.

While I am thinking about that, I actually have my cinema pc on, so I will have a look.

No sorry, I cannot find it on these hard drives. I have a few hard drives around, but not hooked up to a PC, it might even be on my arcade PC as I had a lot of stuff on there. I will try and have a look tomorrow, but no promises, it might be two days.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

DUBious

Quote from: Mark Norville on August 26, 2020, 03:30:10 PM
Oh typical, he moans about how long it takes to get a reply to his question, and yet I answered him almost twelve hours ago now.

Guess what no reply.

I am moaning like hell now, unless you have a letter from God, you taking almost twelve hours is not on.

Do you see where I am coming from judging by your post, and then another post shortly after, and then three more posts on the same issue?

It is called forum netiquette, we are always here to help people out.

Regards

FUMING!!!!! 12 hours near enough and no reply

EXTRA FUMING!!!!! 24 hours and counting and no reply

EXTRA EXTRA FUMING!!!!! 48 hours and counting and no reply

EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA FUMING!!!!! 72 hours and counting and no reply

Mark

Edit

I will also add, that I would not use Etouch for karaoke anyway, if you know anything about karaoke, people sing at different pitches, different speeds. The last time I done karaoke was in 90 I sang careless whisper and that was a professional karaoke set up, I could not sing to it, the pitch, the speed was all wrong for my voice.

I downloaded pro karaoke software years ago, I might still have somewhere, it allows you to have users, set their pitches and song lists up, the full works.

While I am thinking about that, I actually have my cinema pc on, so I will have a look.

No sorry, I cannot find it on these hard drives. I have a few hard drives around, but not hooked up to a PC, it might even be on my arcade PC as I had a lot of stuff on there. I will try and have a look tomorrow, but no promises, it might be two days.

To be honest, my son called to say his gf had given birth unexpectedly by Caesarian section, so that kind of took priority. I'm a grandad again so I'm sure you can appreciate that mundane things like software not working took somewhat of a back seat.

DUBious

Ps thanks for the suggestions, but it was none of those things and I had done everything you mentioned in setting it up, I believe I have fixed the issue by downloading and installing the lite codec pack. Firstly, I did some other stuff I forget but it got to the point of the lyrics showed on the screen, but no music played, I then installed the codecs and it fixed that So all working now.

The frustration comes from having no real manual to look at, so having to figure things out is somewhat of a pain in the arse.

I work for one of the largest software houses in the world, and trust me, before we sell anything, it has to be bullet proof and backed up with countless manuals. So maybe I expected similar when parting with my hard earned coin.

Mark Norville

Shock horror, did you let real life, interfere with not replying, shame on you man lol

However, congrats on the new born  :beer

I have to agree with you, Barry has been a total idiot in a lot of respects and I have moaned about him before about sorting the bloody thing out.

He could do with a new website etc etc, however, touch screen software users are getting few and far between to be honest. Especially with Amazon Alexa and Google home. I have a 32 inch touchscreen jukebox on my wall, and being honest it has not been turned on for years now, at least two. It is a boys toy, and thanks to joining Vodafone I got a free google home max so I can ask that to play music, which is quiet handy, as when I get a song in my head, I either have to play that song, or it drives me crazy.

However, I will let you off for not replying in 80 odd hours, however, hopefully you can understand that we will go beyond the call of duty to help people out in the forum. Barry also has a family, a recent one, well past couple of years, so he is not as active as much as he used to be. However, he does occasionally show his ugly mug, and trust me it is ugly.

I used to work in sales, among a lot of other things. I would not be here, if I did not have trust in this software, as outdated as it is now, I have spent hundreds on buying different software, and if I could not sell this to my family, then I would not sell it to anyone else. My family are all dead now, both the really dead ones, and the dead ones.

However, if I could not sell this to my Nan or Grandad, then I would not sell it to anyone. I have been here for about three odd years, lurking, trying to help or sometimes, well usually give people the wrong information, and then Barry corrects me, but at least I try to help, even when I am wrong.

I have also done a few videos https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtOwHQKlpBMrqzkSDjvG6IkAeBukmqaa9 and bug fixing https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtOwHQKlpBMqtlbo2O6dv0-X1zAjzNeRn

Trust me, I have been mighty pee'd off with this software, especially when I first got it on version 9, but Barry fixed a lot of bugs so although the software is not 100% perfect, but it is the closest thing to a real jukebox, especially if you can skin.

Once again, congrats on the newborn.

Regards

Mark

A lot faster than 72 bloody hours lol

Barcrest

Let me just point out, this is coded by one person. Me, on my own. Yeah releasing stuff with bugs isn't ideal and i try not to but there is a lot of stuff going on it this app and all i can do is test my end. The forum pretty much should serve as a guide to figuring out how things work. With the MP3+g files, if they play in media player then they will play in e-touch. there is a codec included in the install that should work but again YMMV.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...