Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Songs get skipped instead of playing

Started by DogP, May 07, 2019, 04:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogP

Hey,

I'm running E-Touch 5.0.36 ... it's been running well for a long time, but recently it's been skipping lots of songs instead of playing them.  It'll show the song at 0:00 like it's going to start, then skip to the next song.  It doesn't do it every time, and it's not the same song every time... just randomly, but often (will play one or two, then skip a few, then play another, etc).

Is there a known fix for this?  I know it's an old version, so if a new version will fix it, I'm willing to upgrade.  But if there's a simple fix, I'd rather not deal with reinstalling and reconfiguring since it works great otherwise (and of course save a few bucks ;) ).

If I want to upgrade, can I upgrade to lifetime from my V5 membership?  Is there anything tricky about upgrading from V5 to V10?  I only play music videos, using the 1st monitor (touchscreen) for the UI and 2nd monitor (projector) for the videos.  All of the videos are tagged using the non-mp3 tagger.

My system is a Core2Duo 2.0GHz, 4GB RAM, WinXP 32-bit.

Thanks,
Pat

Mark Norville

Morning, if you are using music videos only, make sure how you are downloading them is not buggy. I had one program and from time to time it would download dodgy videos until I updated it, and then it was fine.

However, any support for version 5 is non existent as everyone is on 9 or 10, version 5 is about 10 years old?

Upgrading is easy enough.

Right short and sweetish, not even on my first coffee so sorry for the reply being a bit grouchy lol

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

DogP

Thanks for the reply... yeah, the downloads should be good.  I've been using the same set of videos without any problems for years (yeah, almost 10 years!), and they play fine directly from Windows Media Player.

Do you know if it's possible to upgrade from my current V5 status to the lifetime?  I seem to remember when I donated the first time that I could upgrade my supporter status at any time, but it's been a long time, so I could be mistaken.

Thanks,
Pat

Mark Norville

Morning,

Short and sweet on this one as on my first coffee and need more. Yes you can upgrade if you contact Barry and get the price from him, either that or he should be online today as bank holiday is over, so he will start answering your questions.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

I replied to your PM. I have only just got back from holiday hence the delay, sorry.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

DogP

Thanks for the replies... I think I ended up fixing the original issue though.  After reinstalling the K-Lite codec pack, I haven't seen the problem pop up again.

Maybe someday I'll upgrade to the latest, but I only use the jukebox a few times a year, so if it's working, I don't want to mess with it. ;)

Thanks,
Pat

Karli

Hello Pat,

have the same problem since months and installed now the K-full codec pack
Hopefully it works good now. Thank you very much!  :beer

Regards

Karli

Barcrest

Another thing that can cause this issue is corrupt files.

Jukebox Stats...

Karli

The problem is here again .  >:(

Sometimes if freebox  random play - a song is played short time
from the beginning and than stopped and is starting an new song.

What I do:
use Win10 with all updates and  Freebox V10
Install the K-codec pack.
Deinstall Freebox, reinstall freebox.
Deinstall K-codec pack

Its incredible allways the same,  the songs skipped - sometimes.   :downer

One day not, another day all three titels.
Don`t know what to do?

The music is always the same, there is no corrupt file.
Sometimes the titel is played, sometimes skipped.

I guess it is a bug in the random play software?
Any suggestions?

Regards

Karli

Karli

I try now to switch off all powersaving modes like HDD and USB and so on in the PC.
Hopfully that the solve problem I have ....?  :D

Regards

Karli 

Mark Norville

This software was not really written for windows 10, that is because visual basic was written years ago and was a very poor attempt of a programming language from Microgreed.

I say this because it would produce a lot of false positives in virus checkers. I have just installed Windows 10 on three PC's this weekend but I have not tried the jukebox on 10 as yet because that is not even set up at the moment.

I personally would recommend turning off the virus checker, the firewall and then downloading and reinstalling again. Windows 10 will basically delete or quarantine files that you might need which breaks the installation or actual usage of a program.

You also do not mention your PC specs which is always handy to know, also say if you are using an SSD or HD. When you need help, always give those details out no matter what forum it is, because someone might have similar specs to you, and can help you more.

Regards

Mark

Barcrest

Are you using crossfading? What do you see in the random history

Jukebox Stats...