Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Skin Tool & Attract Mode

Started by berrywell, August 13, 2021, 09:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

Hey all,

I've finally managed to start using & get the Attract Mode working in E-Touch, the jpg's display okay that are in the Attract folder.

The question I have is, can the size of the Attract Mode be altered as it's currently full screen when it kicks in and I can't find any settings in the main E-Touch app itself.

Is there anywhere in the skin tool that can be skinned to make it smaller than full screen or is Attract Mode hard wired to be full screen only? I notice there is a big white background window on the Main Screen in Skin Tool that I haven't worked out what it's for, would this be for the attract mode?

Barcrest

It is hard coded to full screen right now, is this something you would like to be able to change? I may be ale to do it but it would be a fair bit of work. I would need to add a page for it in the skintool then the code to alter it and then the file structure (That bit is easy as it's just X and Y co ords and height and width).

I guess the easiest way to add it would just be to have an ini file that if found in the skin folder sets the x and y pos and height and width. I would then need to check the code i have to show those images though so they would work with a smaller resized area.

I am currently trying to make the online search more modular, i am almost there with that though so i should be able to get a release out for that.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

berrywell

It is something I would be interested in, being able to skin it in the Skin Tool, but not if it's going to be a lot of work for you & could also introduce any potential bugs, as I'm sure I'd be the only one who would make use of it.

Barcrest

Quote from: berrywell on August 14, 2021, 12:31:00 PM
It is something I would be interested in, being able to skin it in the Skin Tool, but not if it's going to be a lot of work for you & could also introduce any potential bugs, as I'm sure I'd be the only one who would make use of it.

I can add support for an ini file, if it finds the ini it will load in
x pos
y pos
height
width

If that is of use to you I can put it in beta 16.

That should be an easy add I think, but i will need to test the attract mode to be sure.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...