Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Jump to Letters not working

Started by Datasavage, October 07, 2021, 06:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Datasavage

I have V10, and using blue neon skin. When I click the letters on the top to jump to artist they require me to put 2 letters in to do anything not just one. Am I missing something?

Cary_B

Someone else may have to chime in on this, but if I recall, thats a function set in the SkinBuilder tool.  You can have it either jump to a letter, or be able to input the first few letters of something, and it will keep sorting more and more with more of the letters you hit.  If you load up the skintool, on the FILE CONTROLS/SETTINGS control panel, I 'THINK' it is JUMP TO LETTER, set to JUMP TO BUTTON to be able to just hit one letter, or not sure what the other options are.  You will need to play with this yourself.  Just be aware that if the skin wasn't built with the correct settings in mind, those buttons may not be there, or not fully built.

Datasavage

I have been playing around with this settings but alas, they are not working. Grrr. Still going to see if I can figure this out. Thanks for a direction though.

Datasavage

Quote from: Cary_B on October 07, 2021, 08:13:13 PM
Someone else may have to chime in on this, but if I recall, thats a function set in the SkinBuilder tool.  You can have it either jump to a letter, or be able to input the first few letters of something, and it will keep sorting more and more with more of the letters you hit.  If you load up the skintool, on the FILE CONTROLS/SETTINGS control panel, I 'THINK' it is JUMP TO LETTER, set to JUMP TO BUTTON to be able to just hit one letter, or not sure what the other options are.  You will need to play with this yourself.  Just be aware that if the skin wasn't built with the correct settings in mind, those buttons may not be there, or not fully built.

I tried that and then selection of letters went away, tried a few other settings still no luck. Like one of the last things I am trying to configure.

Datasavage

Quote from: Cary_B on October 07, 2021, 08:13:13 PM

I have verified under about 10 different skins with multiple buttons that this does not work, nor does the V-Slider under the default. Is there a checkbox that I may have missed?

Cary_B

OK, back up EVERYTHING before you try this.  (I'm not responisble if this goes all wrong, we are playing with some heavy duty magic juju here.)

1) Download BlueNeon1920x1080 skin
2) Download Midnight_Blue1920x1080 skin
3) I would extract them to a temp folder, and rename them, maybe just BlueNeon and MidnightBlue
4) Move them to the Skin folder in your E-Touch directory.
5) Start E-Touch.
6) Under setting in E-Touch, update Skin List
7) Copy over both nav2_v2.ini and nav_v2.ini from the MidnightBlue skin folder to the BlueNeon folder.  (This will overight those files in the  BlueNeon folder.  This is why I suggested to rename them, so you have them if anything goes wrong.
8 ) Copy Jump_to_Letter.png from the images file in the MidnightBlue skin folder to the image file in the BlueNeon folder
9) Change your sking to BlueNeon, and Load Skin
10) Now, if everything went right, and I didnt miss a step typing this out, you should have a big jump to letter button on the bottem right of the screen, and you should be able to click it and the letters will pop up and let you hit just one letter.

I know this isn't exactly what you were looking for, but this should push you in the right direction.  You need to build the main screen with the letters showing.  This is also going to mess up other parts of the main screen, but hopefully you will be able to figure it out.  Copying over some of the .ini files from the MidnightBlue folder may help, but I didn't have time to go any farther and figure out which ones you may need/might help you.

Good luck..

Datasavage

Quote from: Cary_B on October 12, 2021, 11:42:36 PM
OK, back up EVERYTHING before you try this.  (I'm not responisble if this goes all wrong, we are playing with some heavy duty magic juju here.)

1) Download BlueNeon1920x1080 skin
2) Download Midnight_Blue1920x1080 skin
3) I would extract them to a temp folder, and rename them, maybe just BlueNeon and MidnightBlue
4) Move them to the Skin folder in your E-Touch directory.
5) Start E-Touch.
6) Under setting in E-Touch, update Skin List
7) Copy over both nav2_v2.ini and nav_v2.ini from the MidnightBlue skin folder to the BlueNeon folder.  (This will overight those files in the  BlueNeon folder.  This is why I suggested to rename them, so you have them if anything goes wrong.
8 ) Copy Jump_to_Letter.png from the images file in the MidnightBlue skin folder to the image file in the BlueNeon folder
9) Change your sking to BlueNeon, and Load Skin
10) Now, if everything went right, and I didnt miss a step typing this out, you should have a big jump to letter button on the bottem right of the screen, and you should be able to click it and the letters will pop up and let you hit just one letter.

I know this isn't exactly what you were looking for, but this should push you in the right direction.  You need to build the main screen with the letters showing.  This is also going to mess up other parts of the main screen, but hopefully you will be able to figure it out.  Copying over some of the .ini files from the MidnightBlue folder may help, but I didn't have time to go any farther and figure out which ones you may need/might help you.

Good luck..

I tried that skin to see if the Jump to Letter works but alas it does not work in that version either.