Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Menu freezing

Started by sgc1, December 17, 2021, 11:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgc1

Hi when I click the forward button/back button to scroll my albums it sometimes freezes up and I have to turn off and on again, is there anything I can adjust.
Thanks

sgc1

Any ideas I have reinstalled and it has started doing the same again I cannot scroll down, I can choose songs above this point and play, even the search by letter freezes.

Cary_B

I've never run into this myself, but I'd look into bad tag information somewhere. Rebuild you library completely. Make sure to generate and not update. If it keeps happening, try and note around what letter it locks up at. If it seems to lock up around the letter D, move all you songs with artists starting with A thru C to a different directory. Rebuild your library again (generate and not update) with this directory.  If it doesn't lock up, keep adding in more files till you find the album causing the problem. It could be something as simple as foreign symbols in your tag info. I had a problem with songs playing then getting stuck at the end of the song and not advancing to the next song in the que. Turns out some of the data I was getting for tag info was from foreign users and they used a different ascii version of "-". This one ascii character stopped the whole thing from working when E-Touch tried to read it. Took forever to figure that one out. Replace the nonstandard "-" with the regular one and never had that problem again. Good luck.

ecbrad

I agree with the above, almost certainly a malformed tag. Had a similiar issue years ago.

Brad

sgc1