Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Auto Tag Filters

Started by Pinball, April 14, 2022, 10:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

In my Config utiilty I have :

Auto Tag Filter:    %1\%2\%3

Not sure what that means, if it is correct, or what I should be specifying??

Mark Norville

If I remember correctly they are not needed as long as your files are tagged.

It just puts artist, genre, singer into certain positions

I am moving home in the next couple of weeks, so hopefully someone will be around to help you, but just to warn you that I am not going to be around for a while.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Pinball

Good luck with the move and I hope maybe someone will pick up on these threads and give me some help in the meantime.  Thanks.  Randy

Mark Norville

Thanks, I am still here for about a week maybe two, and then back online from May 7th or something like that. It just depends upon when I pick up the keys and can book a van.

I am on another computer now and I have etouch installed on this, so I can reference it now

The auto tag filter is not needed. I have never used it

However, what it is for is that

Track %1
Title %2
Artist %3

However, if your tags are complete then you do not need to use that. It is really to be used if your tags are not complete but you have artist name etc in the file name

so as an example

%1     %2          %3

01 - Bon Jovi - Bad Medicine.mp3

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.