Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Steel Grey V10 (1024x768) Skin button functions & missing Menu Options buttons

Started by Pinball, April 19, 2022, 05:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

I installed the Steel Grey V10 (1024x768) skin. I like the look.  When looking at the example shown on the skins page, this skin shows a Menu button on the Left side.  The skin I loaded doesn't have that menu button. 

I can't find where to enable the display of the Menu button.  I assume  lots of the things I need are under the Menu , but I can't find it.

Regardless, on the default skin I was using, I have these items checked off and need to get the same functionality with the Steel Grey V10 (1024x768) skin.

Play Button Options:
PLAY IT NOW
PLAY NEXT
ADD TO QUEUE

ADD ENTIRE ALBUM
ADD ENTIRE ALBUM FIRST
ADD TO PLAYLIST
ADD ENTIRE ALBUM TO PLAYLIST
---

OPTIONS BUTTON   to get into and change Options and Shut Down, etc..

QUEUE
SHUFFLE QUEUE

I don't know if these things are already covered under your menu button, as I don't have the Menu button on mine.

I hope you can help me get this functionality one way or another.

Thanks,

Randy

Mark Norville

Hi Randy,

Are you running the etouch software, everything as admin etouch10.exe as admin?

I know I mentioned it before, but this might be your issue if you have forgotten to do everyone.

It also is handy for people to include a link for the skin, it saves myself or other people from having to go through the whole skin section just to find the skin or a thread.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Pinball

Pinball

I went back and set ETouch 10 program and Config 10 as Admin again.

Menu still does not show on Juke screen.

After I set Config10 as Admin. I brought up Config screen.  So I ran that again.   Now the Album art images don't flash by again ..  Arrg.

When I set Config as admin and ran again, some parameter must have been different when running as admin.

I really like E-Touch, but I am not a programmer and it is very frustrating at times.

I appreciate the help from everyone.

Pinball

I just went back into the eTouch directory and Clicked Config 10 again.  This time when I ran Config 10 it flicked through all the album covers..

I don't know what changed...

Still no Menu button on the juke though. 

Cary_B

Not an expert by any means, but when you have the main screen showing when running E-Touch, with Steel Grey, I assume you are seeing the 8 album buttons, the left and right arrow under them, the no song playing image in the bottom left corner? If so, and the round, MENU button is not showing just above the NO SONG PLAYING image, then hit the ESC key on your computer keyboard, click the button labeled OPTIONS, then the button labeled BUTTON, and make sure that in the middle column, (MENU BUTTON OPTIONS), DISPLAY MENU BAR is checked.  Then click SAVE and BACK.  See if that puts the menu button back on the main screen.

There are also a bunch of other settings on this screen you can set, but some of them on my screen are grayed out and you can't select them.  I think this is a limitation of the screen but not sure.  I don't use this Skin.  I run my jukebox in 1920x1080 widescreen mode.

Hope this helps.

Pinball

I go to Display Menu Bar - It was checked.

Also checked is:

History
Search
Queue
Options

I unchecked Display Menu Bar and then rechecked Display Menu Bar.... Still no Menu on Juke screen.

Thanks.

Mark Norville

I will download it now for you and try, it is one of Tel's skins, they never work ;)

Nah he is a brilliant skinner, I taught him everything I know or knew at least.

I will download now, busy day viewing the flat, they made a mess up it was supposed to be ground floor, but it ended up being a first floor. So as I am on for medical grounds, I hope I can still get it now.

Beers are flowing anyway I am waffling now

I will edit this with my findings

Ok you are doing something wrong as I downloaded, unzipped to here a directory called Steel_Grey and I have the menu system showing.

I will do more digging but make sure your directory is Steel_Grey and you have not changed it to Steel Grey

You do not have any options to hide the menu button, so it is there by default as the skinner made it that way

Are you using the latest beta version?

Again are you using the jukebox as admin? You have to run it as admin every time unless you done what I showed you to.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Cary_B

Which directory did you install E-Touch in?  You didn't by any chance install it into your normal programs directory did you?  It needs to be installed outside of your programs folder such as c:\Etouch. Using the normal programs directory has a tendency to screw things up, since this is an older Visual Basic program. That's the only thing I can think of, unless you somehow deleted the .jpg of the menu out of the skin folder.

Pinball

Pinball

I unInstalled and then re-installed into C:\ Etouch 10 folder.

Still no Menu in Steel Gray skin.