Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 20 (12/07/22)

Main Menu

display genre image

Started by its-smee, September 22, 2022, 11:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

its-smee

When running on a Win 7 PC, I can add new albums to the database with a new corresponding genre jpeg.  if I just do an update the genre image is displayed but all the cover images disappear.  When I clear the database and do a full update then all is well.    When I try the same thing on a machine with Win 8.1 the genre images I created do not display but the original genre images from the E-hub by Berrywell still display.  and again with just an update the cover images disappear but reappear when I reload the database.  has anyone came across this ?   :beer

Cary_B

If it helps, I never update the database.  I always generate.  Update always gave me problems and generate always works for me.

its-smee

Yes I have found that. best to Regenerate every time.   but the main problem is I can use my own genre images in win 7 but the same image will not work in win 8.1  and yet the images created for the E-Hub by berryman work fine in either version of windows.  I have tried both jpeg and png   All I am doing is changing the text on the berryman image and saving it as a jpeg.    yet the years jpeg's work in both win 7 & 8

Cary_B

Not sure about that.  I run win 10 on my jukebox.  I did the same thing with using some png images for the year images.  But I didnt resave the images as jpg.  I just changed the file type from .png to .jpg   This allowed me to still have transperancy in the file, but the program read it as a .jpg.  What skin are you using?  And what screen are you seeing the problem with the images?  I am running the Midnight_Blue(1920x1080) skin, and on the GENRE filter screen, this works just fine.

its-smee

I am using the Retro singles by Berryman and the Genre images from the E-Hub skin by Berryman.  The original images work fine in Win 7 & Win 8 but ones I modify will only work in Win 7.  All are jpeg.  The years images from the E-Hub skin work fine in both versions