Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Fix your Tags, Automatically.

Started by Barcrest, May 09, 2008, 12:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

http://www.fixtunes.com/

Not free but could be worth it if you have a lot of files without tags or album art.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Thatoneguydavid

be careful with this software.  i found a major problem with it.

Fixtunes only works with ID3 v2 tags

if any of your files have ID3 v1 tags it can cause issues.  i had this problem when trying to tag my karaoke files.  fixtunes would fix and fix and fix but the fixes would never stick.  well, they were actually sticking, but they were adding a ID3v2 tag and corrupting the Id3v1 tag.

in XP when you look at the tags in windows explorer all you can see are the id3v1 tags.  And i'm not sure but i think Freebox uses the ID3v1 tags.

Barcrest?  is this true?

i started using Media Tagger.  it is also free and it will edit all ID3 tags.  the learning curve is a little steep because it's GUI is not as flashy as Fixtunes, but i eventually got the hang of it.

Barcrest

Freebox will read both but really it's the V2 that are important.

Jukebox Stats...

Thatoneguydavid

what about with the Karaoke files?  is there something different about the way Freebox deals with them?
that is where most of my trouble came.  i think most of it is ironed out know, but it was a major pain.

Barcrest

Karaoke are just mp3's so it should be the same. As long as you have valid V2 tags it should all work, the problem lies with unsync'd tags i suspect.

Jukebox Stats...