Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

V4 song playing?

Started by surf, April 29, 2008, 05:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

surf

For V4 users:

Does upgrading to V4 eliminate the trouble V3 has with playing certain MP3 files?  Such as VBR and imbedded artwork issues?

Thanks for any info on the new version!

cadis12

I have been dabbling with V4.  I recently finished re-tagging my massive collection of mp3's.  I donated to obtain the full version of V3 A WHILE back prior to finding out that I needed to re-tag all my music correctly.  So I never really started to use the full version of FreeBox that I donated for until about a week ago.  I was dissapointed to find that while using V3 files were not playing.  I decided to try out the demo of V4 to see if that fixed things.  Sure enough, the mp3's that didn't play before were now playing in V4.  Sweet!!

The frustrating part is that I don't think I will ever use the V3 I donated for.  I should have waited until AFTER I completed my retagging project to obtain the jukebox software.  :tommy
So, I will be donating in the near future to obtain V4.  Sweet software!!  :beer

eist1

If you are having issues playing some MP3's try downloading the K-Lite codec pack http://files.3dnews.ru/pub/soft/multimedia/codec/klmcodec390.exe that has fixed many of the problems people were having playing some songs on V3 and V4.