Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Touch screen games?

Started by robzifer, May 10, 2008, 11:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robzifer

ANyone know a good place to get touch screen games...like the ones you see in bars? also is it possible to add a button in V4 to launch these games from the jukebox?

Thanks

draginit

Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

robzifer

thanks for the links..the outside source link was helpful...still looking for a good place to get the games though...anyone else have any ideas?

netcat

on my jukebox I also run a copy of GUITAR ZERO (Clone of guitar Hero)

I too have been interested in launching it from within Freebox, we have approached this subject before but there didnt seem to be enough interest for Barry to support this option.

I would suggest the option of adding butttons with Links to external Apps, I believe it woudl be easy enough to implement if we can persuade Barry..

Do I hear an AMEN ?

robzifer

yeah that would be great...i mean it would be something that is optional so those of us that want to see it can and the others can just disable it.

TeamTEOR

This would be AWESOME! Maybe if we are lucky Barry will at least support it for us by giving us our our little INI for for that page if he does not want to configure it into the options screen.
Tom

netcat

AS always I strongly urge everyone to help "persuade" Barry with a little financial Incentive, in my experience this is the best way to tel lhim we really care.

Can I have a Show of hands ?

TeamTEOR

spudgunman

question are the games DOS/JAVA/W32, the 3rd is the most difficult to deal with you looking to put MAME roms? and would you be willing to change the windows shell=explorer to shell=jukebox.exe ?

Barcrest

The best way to deal with this is to use a frontend and not try to use the juke as a frontend. Also there are working touchscreen games in mame now, the midway touchmaster series.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

spudgunman

thought so, so with mame you could use the command line to call up a game via MAME and load full screen you could even keep random play going. if juke is set in fullscreen mode it should regain control when the game is closed. however there in lies the problem you cant "quit a MAME game" you need a front end to overlay a graphic to go back to the game menu.

so.... to use MAME you would need to write a ROM to enable use on a jukebox/mame arcade otherwise enable the use of the keyboard to break out of mame

then you have the issue of people accessing the w32shell

anyone here can write machine code for a arcade system? :)

Barcrest

Quit mame with ALT+F4 or using ESCAPE, so you could hook up a button to send this keystroke. However ESCAPE is used in freebox to call up options. This is why i suggested using a front end to call up the juke then you can exit the juke a play a game instead if that's what you wanted to do.

Jukebox Stats...

spudgunman

true but a touch screen so you have no button to press other then rigging up 3rd party hardware for this function.

so your suggesting to just have a "menu" to use jukebox or games, I guess i wonder why this is even needed ...buy a 2nd computer for this activity. is there any use case for this?

I think any way this would work you will allow for possible escape or crash of the wrong app at the wrong time. If you have a button on the kiosk to leave the game, then I would just press it as a drunk bar patron and stop the music

Barcrest

You need mame .125, Touchmaster 7000 is playable... There are some really old mega touch that are playable but the touchmaster is the best.

Jukebox Stats...

robzifer

I found MAME but cant find a working megatouch or touchmaster 7000 ROM to download...do you have a copy of it i can get off you?
Thanks!