Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

transparent backgrounds

Started by mfacer, June 10, 2008, 09:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfacer

hi guys,

I want to create a new "screen" for the track listing. When you select an album, I'd like a CD case to appear over the top of the album views. (for the track listing). The trouble is, I cannot select a PNG or GIF image as a background. Is this possible?

(example)

my plan was to replace the "track_listing.jpg" with a transparent background - but i cannot select it in the browser window.

Barcrest

Yes this was something i added support for. All you need to do is click on the background of the tracklist window in the skintool and reduce it's size. Then drag it to where you want it probably the center. I too used a CD case image and it actually looked quite cool.

Hope that made sense to you.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

mfacer

awesome, I'll give that a go! Cheers :)

mfacer

if I change the size from 1024x768 to 1x1, it shrinks the whole screen. How can I just change the background image? I click the background and it applies to the whole "screen".

Not sure what I'm doing wrong!

Barcrest

Yes you need to shrink the whole track listing screen down. Then you will be able to see the album screen behind it. Don't forget you need to leave room for the add album, donload etc buttons if you want them to be availble in your skin. If not then shrink it down to about 400x700 and change the background image to be the open CD case and just show the cover and the track list and up and down buttons... If you are still stuck and want me to set it up for you to then play with just mail me the skin and i'll do it and mail it back.

Jukebox Stats...

mfacer

aah yes I see what you mean, sorry - me being stupid!! will give it a try and let you know! cheers! :)

Barcrest

Don't forget we love screenshots...  ;)

Jukebox Stats...

mfacer

i'll post some up shortly!

I've made some changes to the track list, reducing the size as u suggested. However, when I run the jukebox now, I get the following error

"Runtime error 340. Control array element '12' doesn't exist".

any ideas??

Barcrest

Yes, sounds like you have set too many tracks to show. Reduce it down and see what happens... You should be able to show more but try lowering it to 11 or 10.

Jukebox Stats...

mfacer

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling which seemed to solve it! Started again on the skin as I think I'd made a right mess. Here's a screen shot of "so far"...

just need to tidy up the now playing and volume parts ... then it's on to the other screens!!

squirrellydw

look really nice man, let me know if you need any help with the graphics
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Looks to me like you are going for a look simular to silverjuke.... I do like it though ;)

Jukebox Stats...

mfacer

not used or seen silverjuke before! I saw a video on youtube using your software and it looked mint. I'm basing it a little on that and I've been using AlbumPlayer for over a year, so a little on that too!

some updated screenshots for your visual pleasure  ;)

and a snazzy "add or dont add" screen for the queue...

squirrellydw

I like it a lot, maybe even more than mine.  You will be releasing this for everyone to use right?  I think you know a little more about graphic design then me also, you using PS?
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Thumbs look good, it's really coming together nicely dude.

Jukebox Stats...